RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a '14 and am replacing it with a 17. Should I get Farallon Black or Loire or Balmoral Blue? I was raised to believe cars should be black, white or silver (and red if it's a sports car) but I like the blue hints. Am concerned the Balmoral may be too blue -- almost smurf like and the Farallon not blue enough.

Other config questions. I plan on ordering as follows unless someone advises otherwise:
5.0l v8
Comfort
Vision Assist
Drive
Ebony headliner
Black veneer

Thoughts? Am I missing something without the Drive Pro? Also, I have the auto closing doors now. Are they standard? Thank you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes the soft close doors are standard.

Balmoral blue is deep metallic and darker than Loire blue....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was stuck between the same choices. I really liked Mariana Black since it was blue in the sunlight, but black the other times. Im going with Balamoral blue since it is that deep dark metallic blue. So blue during the day and looks black at night.
This is my Config i hoped onto the UK config so i'm not sure how many of these options will be in the US. I know they group some of these things together already on the US one.
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 7.57.11 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 7.57.36 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 7.59.41 PM.jpg
Exterior: Balmoral Blue
Style 707 wheels
Interior: Ebony/ Ivory w/ Ivory seats
Shadow Walnut wood

Signature Entertainment Pack
Park Assist, HUD, Tow Assist, Homelink, Wade sensor (Probably part of vision/ connivance pack in the US)
Plus All the other bells and whistles...
With the currency conversion i'm sitting at $163K might say screw it and jump to the SVA Dynamic.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was stuck between the same choices. I really liked Mariana Black since it was blue in the sunlight, but black the other times. Im going with Balamoral blue since it is that deep dark metallic blue. So blue during the day and looks black at night.
This is my Config i hoped onto the UK config so i'm not sure how many of these options will be in the US. I know they group some of these things together already on the US one.
View attachment 199737
View attachment 199745
View attachment 199729
Exterior: Balmoral Blue
Style 707 wheels
Interior: Ebony/ Ivory w/ Ivory seats
Shadow Walnut wood

Signature Entertainment Pack
Park Assist, HUD, Tow Assist, Homelink, Wade sensor (Probably part of vision/ connivance pack in the US)
Plus All the other bells and whistles...
With the currency conversion i'm sitting at $163K might say screw it and jump to the SVA Dynamic.
Nice configuration. If I'm going for blue on ATB (not SV dynamic) I'd go for Loire blue.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
Farrallon is going to be a mostly black car with blue flake from the swatches I've seen. Loire tends to look very nice on the full size, though is a little dark for my taste. The Balmoral is beautiful!

How I've been ordering every '17 at the dealer I work for is as follows-

Climate Comfort
Vision Assist
Drive Pro Package
360 Parking Aid (make sure you select this... everything is A La Carte nowadays!)
Tow Package
Advanced Tow Assist
825 Watt Audio (DO NOT ORDER THE STANDARD SYSTEM!!!)
Heads-Up Display
Leather Wood Steering Wheel

And as to your question about Drive Pro, you're getting Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, and Blind Spot Assist.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Although not as nice as the configurator, you're better off configuring a US MY17 off of this document:

http://cdn.ovalnews.com/pdf/mpr16-11-np.pdf

That's going to give you actual US options/pricings. UK configs are much more customizable and differ greatly from US.
For some reason i completely forgot that had the pricing for the options as well even though i referenced that when i was choosing a color. :doh:
My Spec is actaully $149,690 not $163K... I think ill save $30,000 and just stick to the ATB over the SVA Dynamic.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I thought I should post it. Here's Balmoral Blue. I've gotta say, it just looks amazing! So deep blue and rich metallic. Definitely not black even at night ..

It was $14.5K option for 2016 -- For 2017 it's $4K!!

12362515_757833134323300_1016984874_n.jpg

11934741_983227241765102_731209868_n.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought I should post it. Here's Balmoral Blue. I've gotta say, it just looks amazing! So deep blue and rich metallic. Definitely not black even at night ..

It was $14.5K option for 2016 -- For 2017 it's $4K!!

View attachment 201737

View attachment 201745
I really wish I could see Balmoral Blue in person. I'm ordering at 2017 Sport SVR and I'm curious to see the differences between Balmoral Blue and Estoril Blue. Have you had a chance to see them side by side? I really like Estoril but in certain instances I feel it's not reflective enough. Thoughts?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Actually not very sure. That's a problem with these new colors, real pics aren't available anywhere.

OP: I got hold of the 2017 catalogue and pasted all colors in question side by side. It appears like balmoral is relatively lighter blue than Loire, so I was wrong.

IMG_0039.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts