RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have done some reading but I'm not certain that I have things right in my own mind.

The car - 2003 TD Vogue.

The problem - Fan in the wing behind the shark fin vents has intermittent fault. When I say left hand this is as viewed when sat in the drivers seat.

Normally this fan runs on unlocking and locking the vehicle. Is this the HEVAC fan? I have not noticed any other odd behaviour as yet. The fan was trying to run as though a conection is arcing somewhere, which struck me as potentially being the resistor pack issue or the bushes in the fan.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Further to the above I have eliminated the E-Box fan, I took the lid off anf the fan with the issues sounds like it is between the battery and the glovebox (left side UK spec).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Lee_D said:
Further to the above I have eliminated the E-Box fan, I took the lid off anf the fan with the issues sounds like it is between the battery and the glovebox (left side UK spec).
Is it not the ECU fan?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This car has more fans than Man United!

Isn't the ECU fan the one in the centre of the dash? If so that is happily rumbling along still.

Its the one behind the battery that has me at the moment, I just need to know what it is first, I'm assuming it is the HEVAC fan however I'm not sure and then I haven't yet found the symptom repeated unless anyone else has had a similar experience.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trawled RAVE, I can't find the fan its self. I have found a module which I belive is in the same area which is described as ECU - Windscreen wiper module , ECU Transferbox , Relay Interlock.

So it seems it is an ECU fan, but not the ECU in the E box.

Only other question. I've never noticed the E-Box fan ever running even with the lid off today.

Should it run all the time? Or just when it reaches a specific temperature? Maybe I have two fans that are U/S?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts