Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my blower fan off the last two days with the windows down. Decided to wash my car today in the automatic car wash. Closed my windows, turned on the AC and the fan blower stopped after two minutes... Now if I turn off the blower and turn it back on, the blower works for two seconds and stops. Tried many settings with the same results. Any advice, other then a visit to the stealer?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
It's possible that water seeped through your windshield cowl on the passenger side and got into the a/c air inlet right on the passenger firewall. From there, it goes straight down to the blower motor so it might've caused a short. Check your windshield cowl to see if its warped or sun damaged.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see any damage. When I pulled out the filter above the motor, it had a small damp spot in the front right corner. Any ideas of what I could do or do I need to take her in?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't find any water in the fan area. If I put my fingers on the fan, turn it of and back on, I feel it spin quickly and stop after one or two seconds.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Hmmm well, if you found a damp spot than I can only think that water may have shorted the motor or blown a fuse somewhere. Looking here:http://www.parts.com/parts/2006/LAN...D/?siteid=2&vehicleid=1432803&diagram=7120090, the whole blower motor is $70 and shouldn't be too hard to put in. If it's out of warranty, I'm sure LR will charge a "diagnostic fee" somewhere around that price anyway. Not sure what else it could be, good luck

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you dantheman1. Does anyone have instructions or a walk threw on replacing this part?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it to the dealer on Wed. $129 to diagnose the problem, didn't even look at the vehicle until today. I'm told it was the blower control unit, $308 installed. So $129+$308+$50 in random fees the dealer tacks on = estimated $437 if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
SOunds like it could either be part 11 or 12 in that diagram. Usually though, if the dealer is able to diagnose the problem, they'll apply that $120 diagnosing fee to the labor cost or parts cost. I've never seen a dealer still charge separately for diagnosing if they've found the problem. Might want to discuss that with them or call up another dealer an see what their policy is.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are right. $308 out the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts