RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a L494 HSE Supercharged with stock tires that are wearing out. I am located in the Adirondack Park in NY, Snow, rain etc and can get to 20 below. I was considering these tires to replace the stock and was interested if anyone used them and has an opinion.

Falken WildPeak AT 255 /55 R20

Thanks for any help
Dave

·
Registered
154 Posts
I recently read a thread on the Oz forum, where someone fitted these and did the Simpson Crossing.

He was very impressed with their performance, his RRS looked quite heavily loaded as well.

Although he fitted 275/55s, you be happy with these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a set of the Falken Wildpeak ATs on my 5th gen 4Runner and love the tire. Great traction for any nasty weather including snow and work very well off road. Also just put a set of 275/55 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S on my wife’s 2015 RRS HSE, no rubbing at regular ride height. I’d recommend both tires so far. Have t had the RRS is any bad weather yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a set of the Falken Wildpeak ATs on my 5th gen 4Runner and love the tire. Great traction for any nasty weather including snow and work very well off road. Also just put a set of 275/55 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S on my wife’s 2015 RRS HSE, no rubbing at regular ride height. I’d recommend both tires so far. Have t had the RRS is any bad weather yet though.

do you have a picture of the RRS with Discoverer AT3's? How is the road noise? Was worried about that size on mine, but if it doesn't rub at full lock that would be awesome?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Attached is a picture of the tire on her RRS. I personally don’t think the noise is any worse, but my 4Runner has the Falkens which aren’t particularly noisy on it, but the 4runner itself has essentially zero insulation (and a roof rack), so I’m used to a bit of road noise. If there is more noise, it’s easily lost on regular radio volume for sure. For what it’s worth, the stance of the RRS is a little more aggressive as well.
IMG_4642.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts