Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just had a new DPF fitted 6 month ago by our local Land Rover Dealer, now the Triangle of Death appeared and went straight into restricted mode. Limped to the dealer who after an initial investigation stated that the filter was full and un repairable and this was down to my driving style e.g. not doing enough motorway miles even though I travel on the motorway 5 days a week and travel approx 250 Miles. We challenged this diagnosis saying that this would make the vehicle and presumably all evoques unfit for purpose. After our complaint the dealer has now changed their verdict and after a further weeks investigation they now say that after a smoke test a leak as been traced to the pipe that leads from the ERG to the throttle body. Their technician explained that the leak is coming from the joint of two pipes and slipping past the rubber O ring and hence the leak as caused significantly more smoke to be allowed into the DPF system which as caused the DPF to fill more quickly and not able to complete a regeneration.

They then go onto say that because the leak occurred and the part has failed has caused consequential damage to the DPF it is not a mechanical failure of the DPF and the repairs will not be covered under the parts warranty.

I find it difficult to believe that Range Rover would manufacture a system were the failure of a O ring can cause such catastrophic damage.

If anyone has any experience of this or Knowledge of the systems, or even advice going forward it would be greatly appreciated as we cannot afford the cost of another replacement DPF

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about your issue, but your part of a very long queue. The attached are from another forum where a landrover employee update everyone.
Font Parallel Screenshot Document Number
Font Parallel Screenshot Document Number
Font Circle Number Document Paper
Smile Rectangle Font Circle Paper

This is a fault that landrover were aware of and should have notified every purchaser prior to cash changing hands.
My Evoque did the same as yours before my turbo went, then particles entered the engine rendering it useless.15k they quoted for repair. I'm now heading towards ombudsman or legal proceedings.

Good luck

Fred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts