RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am wanting to order a new RRS HSE Dynamic. I contacted the dealer about ordering one and i was told it's $5k and it's non refundable after the change order date. Is this normal? I've read on some other threads that this is depends on the dealership.

Looking for advice as from anyone who understands the ins and outs of factory orders.

Much appreciated,
Jason.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts
It's not normal, at least in CA and NJ. The dealer must refund all deposits, even if the car gets delivered and you change your mind.
I would look up your local state laws and see if it applies to your state.

2015.5 HSE SV6

·
Registered
50 Posts
In Texas I talked to two dealers and both wanted $2500 down and the deposit was fully refundable unless I ordered what they called "something crazy"...

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dealer mentioned a deposit of $2500 but then forgot about it. So I did not have to pay it. It would have been non refundable if I would have paid it though.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
It depends.

If the dealer has you sign a promissory note, then they legally can keep your deposit and nothing you can do about it.

Otherwise it's a grey area. Most dealers will refund your deposit because it's not good practice not to refund (i.e. wanting repeat customers or publicity). However I wouldn't go around putting deposits down unless you really want the vehicle.

My Land Rover dealer asked for a $2,000 refundable deposit when I ordered my 2016. They didn't care if I backed out because they know it would sell eventually.

Now that I'm a future repeat customer I won't need to put a deposit down next time.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
They asked for $5000, I gave $2500.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Is the refund a law thing or just Land Rover being understanding of a potential customers needs?

Just curious as I was trying to get my parents to look at a Sport or SVR but they are leaning towards having a second GLE. MB says they can't sell a car if the buyer backs out if it is any color other than White, Black or Grey.

Wouldn't mind having an SVR at my disposal. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts