RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, nice work there! I am picking up a 2021 RRS SE soon and am not a fan of the contrast grey bumper trim in the front as well as the rear (see pics, they are beige in the pic as the dealer covered them with plastic to protect them during shipping). Any idea what the part numbers are? I am wanting to black them out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey guys, nice work there! I am picking up a 2021 RRS SE soon and am not a fan of the contrast grey bumper trim in the front as well as the rear (see pics, they are beige in the pic as the dealer covered them with plastic to protect them during shipping). Any idea what the part numbers are? I am wanting to black them out. View attachment 291876

View attachment 291877
Try landrovermerriamparts . com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will the 2018 svr rear bumper fit perfectly on 2017 rrs supercharged?
Any issues with the parking sensors?
Are they the same size?

·
Registered
18 RRS HSE
6 Posts
Where'd you find that rear "gloss black" bumper? I have an 18 RRS Corris Gray with the ugly "plastic" grey bumper, but my tow plate cover is already black. See below.

Did anyone add a black bumper to a black tow plate on a corris gray RRS?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Where'd you find that rear "gloss black" bumper? I have an 18 RRS Corris Gray with the ugly "plastic" grey bumper, but my tow plate cover is already black. See below.

View attachment 292514

Did anyone add a black bumper to a black tow plate on a corris gray RRS?
I "Plasti-Dipped" my front and rear tow hitch covers from the Grey/Silver factory in my garage after cleaning and drying them well... They turned out to be a near perfect match to the rear flat black bumper and the front bumper area beneath the grill that houses the front camera's. I've put 3,000 Plus miles on her since the Plasti-Dip and there are Zero chips, cracks, spidering, or any problems at all. The key with anything is the Prep-Work and to go slow... All in all from start to finish including washing/drying aforementioned parts, spraying them with 10-12 light and even coats each, letting them dry between every coat, and lastly reinstall said parts and clean up was about 1 hour and 35 minutes... Below are pics after a recent hand wash of both the front and rear. That is the way I would go personally rather than trying a total replacement and then worrying about Parking Sensors, housing, etc... either not working or sporadically working. I've removed the whole front bumper to replace the parking camera and it's a bit of a job. To get everything lined up and sensors, keeping their internal prongs strait during reattachment, and sealed back-up nicely isn't for a lot of people I must say. I had to do it all twice all because one little prong was bent and none of the parking sensors or park assist would work; equally annoying was all the dash lights in yellow and constant reminder messages. Just an FYI before you go detaching male/female sensor connections.

Front pic view...
Rover front end.jpg

Rear pic view...
2014.5 Range Rover Sport rear view.jpg

Side pic View
14.5 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic.jpg

As you can see all bumpers and side rocker/panels match really well. I've also redone each rim as well as the full sized and matching rim/spare tire in the Cargo Well... with a Flat Black can of Krylon Fusion as well, multiple light coats after a good hand wash and drying. This was naturally after I fixed some rim rash scrapes on the rim edges with some India File Stones and Sand Paper... I'm am very pleased at how everything came out. Rims have over 10K miles on them without a scratch since the redo-job as I performed that cosmetic upgrade within the first month of ownership... As I couldn't stand driving a nice vehicle around everywhere with scuffed up and chewed-lipped rims.

Next up, to get the Silver/Grey off both the fender vents and hood cowl/intake vents to match the rest of the accents in Flat Black as well...

Edit To Add and another Pic Below...

This is a pic from August when a dump truck threw a piece of debris that pushed the right front camera out of it's bracket on the highway...

All I needed to do after looking what needed to correct the camera was to push the camera fully seated back into it's housing bracket until it clicks; and then clean the road grime away from said brackets, and electrical tape the brackets around all 4 sides... thus securing them up really nice and tight bracket housing and camera all together... In order to do the above camera alignment and bracket/housing repair... total disassembly of the front lower and upper bumpers, grill, headlight washer jets, tubing, partial fluid drain of said washer fluid, detachment of all Camera's and Parking Aid Sensors had to be performed as well with care taken as to not break any other housings or brackets.

A 3+ hour takedown reassemble job for a 1 minute fix was really, extremely annoying. Upon reassembly and unknowingly slightly bending one sensor's little (and very easy to do btw), prong teeth... the whole parking system went "tits-up". So after a week of warning lights and beeping sensors driving me crazy... I did it all again, disassembly, fix, and reassembly all within under an hour including tool clean-up and QA/QC of the Parking Assist System... The 50 minutes of work for the 2nd time was because I had just completed the job a week prior... going slow as to not miss any body screws or break any bracket housings and/or washer hoses and their jets. The 2nd sucessful attempt I already knew where every bolt, grommet, bracket, and sensor housing was from both cell phone pics and memory. Still, I wouldn't say either a face-lift or camera or sensor repair is an easy one from my experience the 1st attempt.

Above Pic of disassembled front bumper upper and lower, grill, tow hitch cover, sensors, tubing, headlight washer jets, their tubing and fluid drain, Parking Sensors and finally the front camera's shown all disassembled all above mentioned items are required for removal/disassemble to perform either a bumper Face-Lift/replacement and/or to get at the aforementioned front Camera's or Parking Aid System in order to repair or replace any of them.

I Saved myself at least $1,000 to more likely $1200 in Dealer Costs and 2 dissassemblies to get everything correct was totally worth it for 4 hours of my own time and ensure proper fit and function. I never knew how much I daily use those front camera's and the parking aid sensors until I didn't have use of them for a week. I felt a bit blind in tight parking garages and around high curb lines for sure.

Of course this was just my perspective on the process and Your Mileage May Vary goes accordingly. If anyone knows any shortcuts or tricks please post them. Lastly I hope all of my post/this helps!

Ham

Attachments

41 - 51 of 51 Posts