RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
‘16 HSE TD6 L494
45 Posts
Following

I’m very curious to see someone actually do this mod. if I get verifiable info that this can be conducted (by someone other than a person selling a product) I will do this mod. I’ve completed my rear already.

I did a 2013 to 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee facelift before IOT use the updated headlights. I was part of the research forum thread and the second I believe if not the first to complete the full mod for that vehicle which was not for the faint of heart when we first did it, probably still not considering I still get emails about how to do it properly haha.

Never the less, I’m preparing to buy the fenders and will get those ready as I think they may fit the sub 18 models making the fascia and headlight work slightly less inundating when I get unbiased proof of one of the headlamp harness’s working. I just have concerns about anything unvetted regarding teamview assistance and largely JLRs vin integration. powerful U.K. do this and I’ll buy it off you haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok gotcha. Are you gonna do new headlights or use originals??
I have all the 2018 front grill parts and the bumper which is almost Identical except the bumper has to be modified a little at the top of both corners near the headlights. The old headlight can be still used and the 2018 front grill look can be used to finish off the transformation. I’m not sure yet if the new fog lights will work yet cause we haven’t gotten that far but probably by mid April it should be done. Right after I bought all the bumper parts for the 2018 RR Sport I saw this site ! I was like about to cancel my order until they told me how much shipping would be. This site has great stuff and ship fast. I got my upper grill very quickly. You are being redirected...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have all the 2018 front grill parts and the bumper which is almost Identical except the bumper has to be modified a little at the top of both corners near the headlights. The old headlight can be still used and the 2018 front grill look can be used to finish off the transformation. I’m not sure yet if the new fog lights will work yet cause we haven’t gotten that far but probably by mid April it should be done. Right after I bought all the bumper parts for the 2018 RR Sport I saw this site ! I was like about to cancel my order until they told me how much shipping would be. This site has great stuff and ship fast. I got my upper grill very quickly. You are being redirected...
There is no modification to the 2018+ bumper if you are using the new 2018+ fenders. I got all my part and pieces now including the new 2018+ headlights and wiring hardness just waiting on paint of the new fenders before I put it all together which should start non later than next week. The only thing I might have issue with is the bumper sensor wiring harness as far as i can tell

·
Registered
‘16 HSE TD6 L494
45 Posts
S
There is no modification to the 2018+ bumper if you are using the new 2018+ fenders. I got all my part and pieces now including the new 2018+ headlights and wiring hardness just waiting on paint of the new fenders before I put it all together which should start non later than next week. The only thing I might have issue with is the bumper sensor wiring harness as far as i can tell
So the fenders aren’t cross compatible from 14-17 to 18-20? My main concern is 16 lights to 18 lights. All the other stuff is legos and body work

·
Registered
30 Posts
S

So the fenders aren’t cross compatible from 14-17 to 18-20? My main concern is 16 lights to 18 lights. All the other stuff is legos and body work
Fenders aren’t compatible 14-17 to 18-20. They are different if you are installing the new headlights which in my opinion are much better looking anyways as they are all LED in lieu of the projectors.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Fenders aren’t compatible 14-17 to 18-20. They are different if you are installing the new headlights which in my opinion are much better looking anyways as they are all LED in lieu of the projectors.
I’m not too confident that those new lights won’t give you a huge headaches and the average person won’t even notice the difference in the headlights. Hence a clip and pasted move will the bumper below the old light properly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
View attachment 284934

I’m not too confident that those new lights won’t give you a huge headaches and the average person won’t even notice the difference in the headlights. Hence a clip and pasted move will the bumper below the old light properly.
View attachment 284934

Well it’s a matter of personal opinion. In my case not doing it for anyone else to notice. Also I wasn’t going to go through the trouble without making it a complete conversion. I’ve seen several people do the conversion on YouTube and if they are selling the wire loom obviously it’s not as bad as it seems but again it’s about personal preference. As soon as I get started on putting it all together I will post lots of pictures!! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well it’s a matter of personal opinion. In my case not doing it for anyone else to notice. Also I wasn’t going to go through the trouble without making it a complete conversion. I’ve seen several people do the conversion on YouTube and if they are selling the wire loom obviously it’s not as bad as it seems but again it’s about personal preference. As soon as I get started on putting it all together I will post lots of pictures!! Wish me luck!
Ok let me know how Light’s do. I tried it on my Audi S4 when I did front conversion and it’s still been a nightmare and they were
Just the fog lights. Post pics when you done. I’ll do the same. Thx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good work sourcing the parts and completing the conversion. I think the SVR badge is a little over the top but it’s your vehicle you can do whatever you want to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok gotcha. Are you gonna do new headlights or use originals??
hi mate. Interested in what you’ve done here. My car is an overfinch edition 2015. I wanted to put the newer 2018 headlights on but keep my overfinch bumper. I understand the wings definitely would need to be changed as the newer headlight corners are longer which I’m fine with. I noticed you have fitted the new style bumper but with the original old style headlights. Does this mean I can put the newer style headlights on my existing bumper provided I change the wings and the upper grill? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks

21 - 40 of 51 Posts