Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

I have purchased a 2019 Facelift Rear bumper fit to my 2014 5.0 S/C.

I have to modify my existing exhaust as it clashes with the bumper static 'exhaust tips' on the new bumper.

Has anyone done this previously and if so can they advise how much to cut off / How to modify? My feeling is to cut the exhaust just before the 'double' skin part of the tail pipe - about 10mm out from the exhaust hanger. But this maybe too short (Although the fumes will still obviously exhaust).

Also the exhaust hanger 'Diamond' rubbers clashes with the new bumper tip steelwork. Source straight rubbers or fettle the steelwork?

Images attached.

Any experienced advice welcome!

James

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the above.

Yes I cut the exhaust at the end of the 'double skin' so the cut is about 10mm past the end of the exhaust hanger.

As it's a 5.0 car the cut off exhaust did not line up with the inner of the Exhaust Tips so I manipulated (Bashed) the inner so it was lower and lined up with the actual exhaust. I then riveted the inner to the lower of the outer of the tip. Images attached.

I now have a rear sensor problem. The new bumper has 6 sensor positions and the old bumper 4. I swapped the looms over and connected the old loom to the inner four sensors of the facelift bumper. On refitting the bumper there was an error with the rear sensor.

I presumed the Facelift sensors were different internally / Different resistance etc to to the old sensors. So I took the bumper off again to swap the actual sensors - But the Don't fit! The Facelift sensors are larger in Diameter and the inner 2 sensors are 90 degrees on the old bumper and will not fit into position on the new bumper.

So help needed please!!! Can the system be 'Reset' to accept the facelift sensors?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts