RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 54 reg TD6 05 spec touch screen shark fin etc.

being the 54 it still has the old style square lights, i have had a good look around and need your help for a good guide to convert my RR to 06ish spec lights, most important i need to know what wing mods are required which headlight brackets etc and the wiring i should be recieving a plug from someone who has decided not to do the conversion however i have no wiring dia, i have already read L322.com most if not all the detail i see there are related to a 2010 front end conversion and wiring so i need further help. So far i have the two front lights and a complete bumper fog sensor etc albit the wrong colour.

I have already fitted 2010 rear lights which now work without the fog light or dash fault i am going to work on some details when i get back to work in the new year and can get the light back on the test bed and confirm mine are 100% and then can help anyone local to myself to carry out the same mod.

Thanks for any help i recieve.

·
Registered
159 Posts
why not just do the 2010 conversion? just a friendly hint, more people are likely to reply if they know who you are. fill out your profile, etc and good luck with the conversion. post plenty of pics!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
brad s1 said:
Why not skip the pointless face lift and save your money?
there's another idea! unless of course you're doing the work yourself....

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
ed1655 said:
brad s1 said:
Why not skip the pointless face lift and save your money?
there's another idea! unless of course you're doing the work yourself....
I do all my own work, and the thought of face lifting my truck never occurred to me. Unless you've got something to prove to the .0001% of the population who can actually tell the difference between a 02 and 05... Taste can't be argued though so to each their own.

·
Registered
159 Posts
well, i do think that the '06 and of course the '10 look way fresher. on the l322 site i'd certainly rather drive off in the converted model. but i wouldn't spend that much money to do it. i'd rather save up then buy the '10 in afew years....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i've done the front end will have cost me less then £800 chicken feed in comparison to what the car cost.

It's something i want to do where as all my frinds just pi$$ all there cash up the wall.

If people put more effort into pointing out where i could find this info then discussing the merits of it i'd nearly be done.

Thanks so far

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
As I understand it, wiring is the issue? Scroll down the L322.com home page. There are 3 charts listing the pins/functions for the headlight plugs for 02-, 06-, and 10- models.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i recieved this wiring diagram when i ordered my 16 pin connectors, it worked just fine, although there is no mention of what do do with the headlamp levelling system wiring

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts