RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've recently (April) purchased a 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE (Facelift) 3.6 TDV8 which is a brilliant car but has had the dreaded shimmy / vibration under braking since I got it. I've done a reasonable amount of remedial work myself & other garages and I've still got the problem so I'm looking for some advice where to go next! Here's what's been done so far:

- New Front Brake discs & pads (Brembo) - about 4000 miles ago (did seem to cure the issue initially) - DIY Job
- New Front Lower suspension arm - passenger side - about 3000 miles ago - Garage
- New Front Driver side wheel bearing - last weekend - DIY Job
- Doing Front Passenger side wheel bearing - this weekend

It's worth adding that you only really feel it during braking, it got considerably worse when towing a caravan through Europe this summer and has since remained at the same severity after removing the caravan. It's now almost a full on knocking when braking from upwards of 60mph but you won't really notice it at below 30mph.

It's got the 22" Overfinch wheels on it as well so that amplifies any of the vibration without a doubt.

Any thoughts where I go next if the passenger side bearing doesn't cure it?

Cheers,
Dunc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tie rods? Inner and outer - check those two - mine changed both lower arms - and tie rod assembly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts