RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, if you've seen one black RRS, you've seen them all!

It was a stunning day in SF today so I took these shots at the Embarcadero under the Bay Bridge
(the ugly stepchild of the Golden Gate) & Financial District. The only "mods" I've done are:
SC grill, SC front "skid plate" trim, removed HSE, Gibson tips.

I'm not a photographer so please excuse the unprofessional nature of these. :oops:

·
Registered
66 Posts
very nice pictures. My car is due in April - I can't wait to share pictures in return.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very well done! You are quite the photog. I especially like the interiors shots lit up. I had no idea what color (“colour” for my fellow Canadians) the switch lights were until now.

I take delivery in April as well so I will probably have to trade in my disposable camera if I am going to compete with 1098STricolore and your perfectly framed pictures complete with artistic flair. It was worth the wait.

David Beckham would be proud :thumb:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JetPilot said:
.... David Beckham would be proud :thumb:
lol - Good one! Nice to see you keep notes! :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great photos. I also put the Gibson tips on mine and feel it was worth the money. To me the plain pipes seemed like the one "unfinished" thing about this vehicle. Might see you driving around someday -- I'm in Burlingame and work in SF. Regarding the Santorini, I'm pleasantly surprised how well it stays looking clean. Have even gone two weeks or more and it still looks great, with the wheels needing a clean before the body. I use Klasse AIO and 3M paste wax or glaze on top.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BBT said:
Great photos. I also put the Gibson tips on mine and feel it was worth the money. To me the plain pipes seemed like the one "unfinished" thing about this vehicle. Might see you driving around someday -- I'm in Burlingame and work in SF. .
Indeed - the tips are worth more than the price paid as it totally finishes it off as you say. Burlingame! I worked for EA for 5yrs so I know the area well. The COO use to live in your hood! (Technically I live down in Santa Cruz - I just work in the Bay Area). :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Indeed - the tips are worth more than the price paid as it totally finishes it off as you say. Burlingame! I worked for EA for 5yrs so I know the area well. The COO use to live in your hood! (Technically I live down in Santa Cruz - I just work in the Bay Area). :wink:[/quote]

EA? Cool. I'm currently at Adobe in SF. Quick question -- the SC skid plate is a different shape and brighter color? I'm comparing photos and not quite seeing the difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was checking out Gibson web site for more information about their Tips but they don't list RR at all. What kind of tips you got for yours?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BBT said:
EA? Cool. I'm currently at Adobe in SF. Quick question -- the SC skid plate is a different shape and brighter color? I'm comparing photos and not quite seeing the difference.
Small F-ing world! :eek: I use to work for Adobe in San Jose. I left in 2007 for a new role with Cisco Systems (in SJ).

Ya, the pix don't really do it justice but the grill and "skid plate" are the same titanium color as the '06-'09 SC grill & side vents. If you look at my sig pic with my XF you can (kind of) see the color a bit better. It's really when you see a SC parked next to an HSE that you notice the difference. "In-person" it's a bright silver compared to the darker gun-metal color.

In fact I have a slight concern that it may show nicks/scrapes a bit more since it is so "bright" compared to the HSE plate. :think:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
EA??? i was there until nov 2009. my RRS was in the fuel n feast in 2008 next to the solstice with the corvette engine

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1098STricolore said:
I was checking out Gibson web site for more information about their Tips but they don't list RR at all. What kind of tips you got for yours?
Gibson had a posting on here a few weeks ago with the part # - try a search. I just called them directly and said I wanted the 2010 RRS tips they posted on this forum. They new exactly what I wanted and had my order done in 5min! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:

Do those $ signs indicate gas stations? :crybaby2:
according to p32 of the nav booklet... failed California Savings and Loans. If you click on them you can see when they were taken over by the FDIC.

·
Registered
63 Posts
CA-SPORT said:
BBT said:
Small F-ing world! :eek: I use to work for Adobe in San Jose. I left in 2007 for a new role with Cisco Systems (in SJ).

Ya, the pix don't really do it justice but the grill and "skid plate" are the same titanium color as the '06-'09 SC grill & side vents. If you look at my sig pic with my XF you can (kind of) see the color a bit better. It's really when you see a SC parked next to an HSE that you notice the difference. "In-person" it's a bright silver compared to the darker gun-metal color.

In fact I have a slight concern that it may show nicks/scrapes a bit more since it is so "bright" compared to the HSE plate. :think:
Thanks. I think the lighter skid plate looks awesome. Well done. You're right it's super obvious in your sig and quite noticeable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
San Francisco is the hotbed for Black Sport Supercharged driven by current and ex-Adobe employees!

I was at Adobe for 4 years (including 2 as Macromedia) before bailing to Akamai 2 years ago. Currently enjoying a 2010 Santorini Black RRSSC on Tan even more than I enjoyed my previous 2006 RRSSC Black on Ivory.

Although, according to the parking authorities in San Francisco, I’m still driving both cars..

I got a parking ticket recently and when I went online to pay it I discovered 4 others listed under my name, all on dates when I was out of town. After some research it turned out that the DMV took their time to reassign my old car in their system and it was still attached to me, and whoever bought it apparently can’t read parking signs…

(you here, by any chance…?)

Rob.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts