RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone.

Does someone know where or how I can pick up an extension lead for the Classic ECU under our seats for deep water crossings ?

My Range Rover will be making its journey to the Solomon Islands later this year and a new overhead location will be required !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've often wondered about this, it's a mod i'd like to make. There's an extension lead for a raised ecu for the td5's through bearmach, but havn't found one for the v8's. I've wondered about making one, but don't know where to get the required plugs from. However, I think also under your seat is a few relays also.

·
Registered
536 Posts
no abs on an 88 model, it's only the efi ecu and related stuff under the passenger seat. But i rekon there'd certainly be a market if one could make up extention leads for a flapper ecu, 14cux ecu, eas ecu and abs ecu and all related relays and fuses. Trouble is where do you put it? there's not a lof of room under the dash!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
A couple of relocation schemes I've heard used are in the passenger-side kick space side wall, in which case the existing lead will suffice, and in the AC plenum in the dash. The existing lead might suffice in that case, too, but I'm not sure. I've thought a lot about doing this in mine but in my '92 County, I have all the other relays mentioned above, as well as the ABS ECU and more relays under the driver's seat. It's all a bit too much of a project for me. I try to just stay out of the deep water!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts