RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase extended warranty for my RRS 12. Still under warranty currently.
To my understanding Land Rover offers there own extended warranty now. IS this as extending the new car warranty? What is not covered and is covered. Typical prices and anyone have any suggestions on a dealer to buy from that could be a lower price?
Thanks

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems that none of my local dealers sell the land rover official extended warranty. IS it possible to buy that instead of an aftermarket extended?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
144 Posts
Wow. We bought ours from the dealer to just to be safe. ;) That said, it is third party company, deductible is $250 at dealer $300 anywhere else (like yourself). That was the main reason we went for it, honoured outside the dealer!!!! However since I do 80% myself and a local shop that has handled our Audi for years handles the rough stuff, we have yet to actually utilize the warranty - good I think. We were also informed that when the 3 yrs were up we could extend further if we desired. We will see.

·
Registered
76 Posts
These warranties are so variable and random depending on the dealer! I'm in SoCal and got a local dealership to give me a 100k mile 6 additional year warranty (the Land Rover bumper to bumper with some minor exceptions) for $4k. I was told and it says in the contract that as long as it's at a dealer there is no deductible. Otherwise $100 deductible. I got it on my 2011 with 47k miles before the factory warranty is set to expire. Call other dealerships. Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am considering extended warranty as well on my 2011 with 31Kmls. I drive 6-8Kmls/yr. Was quoted $2900 and $3400 for 6yr and 75 and 100Kmls respectively from LR dealership with no deductable.
The part that concerns me and rarely mentioned is the "gray" area where parts needing repair will be considered wear and tear by the insurance company and therefore not covered under warranty. For example what happens when a car is 6+ years old and the shocks go bad or there is play on certain suspension parts, will this be covered under warranty or considered wear and tear?
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Our warranty was very detailed in what was covered and the procedure. First I've ever seen one so honest and upfront. ;)

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
30 Posts
When my Factory warranty was running out the warranty company said they would renew my policy for a mere $11,000!! So I bought two! LOL! Man is that the going price or was their calculator in need of batteries????

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
When my Factory warranty was running out the warranty company said they would renew my policy for a mere $11,000!! So I bought two! LOL! Man is that the going price or was their calculator in need of batteries????
You could buy a whole donor parts car for that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am considering extended warranty as well on my 2011 with 31Kmls. I drive 6-8Kmls/yr. Was quoted $2900 and $3400 for 6yr and 75 and 100Kmls respectively from LR dealership with no deductable.
The part that concerns me and rarely mentioned is the "gray" area where parts needing repair will be considered wear and tear by the insurance company and therefore not covered under warranty. For example what happens when a car is 6+ years old and the shocks go bad or there is play on certain suspension parts, will this be covered under warranty or considered wear and tear?
Any ideas?
I think that's most warranties after the factory runs out. I have what's considered one of the best aftermarkets for my porsche and they don't cover shocks either. I think those are considered wear and tear by most if not all warranties. I read the fine print and for the most part, the LR warranty is pretty good for what it covers. Plus you can always cancel it minus a small fee and you'll get your prorated amount back. I think with the extent of problems these cars have the extended warranty (that also comes with a loan car which is a big deal for me when compared to going to an Indy shop) is a no brainer. That price sounds right too. Mine was $4k for the 100k mile warranty but I also bought it when I was at 47k miles. Mileage makes a difference on these prices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts