RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was told if the dealership changes the brakes and tires on your vehicle it should qualify for certification...can someone confirm this?

Also, my warranty is expiring this month. I need to get extended warranty and wondering what offers are out there?

Apparently I have to extend before the factory warranty expires or Land Rover raises the prices on the extended warranty they offer from their third party companies.

The best I found was offered by Land Rover. They work with a company called CNA for $3,700 for 3 years/60k miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way, I am sure this has been talked about for years. I did lots and lots of researching on this and most don't post what they ended up doing at the end with their extended warranty.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
98 Posts
I bought a 2016 last july with 35k miles . got 6 more years up to the 85k mark. so another 50k miles (no deductible anywhere I go) CNA national from Dealer ( Preferred Care+ Plus) $2800 covers everything, even struts and shocks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what city/state? That’s amazing.
I’d take it right now if I can get it. You have the salesman’s info?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My credit union offers something called MPower from "EFG Companies". They have a product called "MPower Premium" which is exclusionary:

They also allow you to have repairs done at the dealer - if that's something that gets you going.

Here's the prices I was quoted (MY17 L494, 27k miles):

I saw a sample contract from someone online who sells their stuff and it had "miles from 0", but that wouldn't make sense to quote a policy for 50k miles when the factory warranty is 50k. I'm assuming that it's a different program. If this is miles/months from contract date, I'd say this is a killer deal. I would go for the 48/60 for 3K. That would take me to 110k miles and into 2025 (my factory expires in July '21).

I'm assuming my credit union is not making much money off of them and providing this as a service - they are a company credit union for a former employer. I could be very wrong about that though. I asked the credit union rep who's been there forever and she said only one member has complained and it was about a repair they wouldn't cover that exceeded the value of the vehicle.

EFG has good google reviews. Whatever that's worth. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has gone through them. Also if anyone has any reviews on someone besides EasyCare.

I have a friend with bad personal experience through endurance .. again, whatever that's worth.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unbelievable. I have called 10 dealers...3 offered extended coverage for an additional 20k miles at $3500 and the other 7 never respond back or call.

How on earth do people get extended warranty? Now I know why some people told me Land Rover/Jaguar has the absolute worst customer service ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts