RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 2007 range rover sport that passed its warranty also(52000). My Sport has been pretty reliable except for the battery and rear differentials going at 48K miles (thank God). I have been a little worried about keeping this vehicle passed its warranty time. I did a little research here and decided to contact a few of your recommended warranty companies. I'm only keeping the vehicle 2 more years the most and probably put another 30K miles on it. I just received a quote and wanted to know wanted to know if this is a good deal. I happen to think so. Thanks in advanced

Auto Advantage Inc. offers you many benefits our competition can't promise including the following...
* Extended Warranties direct to consumers and the dealerships nationwide at wholesale prices has been our business since our inception in 1979.
* We offer only Premium, Top-Rated vehicle Warranties.
* No Gimmicks, No Coupons and No Up Selling tactics, ever!
* Our high volume and low overhead allows us to offer the LOWEST PRICES RIGHT FROM THE START for the most comprehensive coverage available for your vehicle.
* Our company is owned and staffed by Warranty Experts, Not Salespeople or Telemarketers.
* We understand the three most important words "Yes, It's Covered"!
For more information CALL 1-800-933-9190 to find out more.

PLEASE PRINT THIS E-MAIL!!!

Thank you for your request for a price quote for an extended warranty. These prices are all for High-Tech Component Coverage warranties.

See Policy Details at bottom of E-Mail for coverage details.

Reference # DMPCE300 (07)
Primary Care Elite Coverage
$100.00 Deductible
5 Year/150,000 Additional Miles- $1,535.00

Lower deductibles are also available:
For $50.00 Deductible- Add $100.00
Low Down Payment Financing Available!!!
This Plan Includes:
* Towing Service
* Rental
* 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
* Lockout Service
* Jump Starts
* Flat Tire Assistance
* Concierge & Navigational Assistance
* Warranty Renewability
* Transferable to the next owner

Repairs can be done at any repair shop or dealership in the United States or Canada. Payment will be made to the repair facility by the warranty administrator's corporate credit card account.

For further information please call me at 1-800-933-9190, or E-mail me at [email protected] If you would like to see a sample brochure we can send you one in the mail. Thanks again for your interest. We hope we can be your warranty source both now and in the future.

“WHAT IS COVERED"
***Primary Care Elite Coverage***
Engine and Water Pump: The following parts are covered: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters, rocker arm shafts and water pump, seals & gaskets only when required in connection with the replacement of a covered part.

Turbocharger/Supercharger (factory installed only): housing and all internal parts, seals & gaskets only when required in connection with the replacement of a covered part.

Transmission/Transaxle: all internally lubricated parts of manual or automatic transmissions, including oil pump, drums, planetary, sun gear and shell, shafts, bearings, side gears, carrier, pinion gear, ring gear, shift rails, forks, and synchronizers, and torque converter. Transmission/transaxle case if damaged by internally lubricated covered part, seals & gaskets only when required in connection with the replacement of a covered part.

Transfer Case: all internally lubricated parts of the 4x4 transfer case. Transfer case if damaged by internally lubricated part, seals & gaskets only when required in connection with the replacement of a covered part.

Differential: all internally lubricated parts, seals & gaskets only when required in connection with the replacement of a covered part.

Air Conditioning Coverage: all internally lubricated parts contained within the compressor, seals & gaskets only when required in connection with the replacement of a covered part.

Electrical: alternator, voltage regulator, power window motor(s), heater fan/motor, starter motor.

Fuel System: fuel delivery (mechanical) pump, fuel (gas & diesel) injection pump, metal fuel delivery lines, fuel tank.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: "Extended Warranty - Opinions?"

Storm, I split your question into a new thread as it didn't belong in the topic you posted it under originally. You may get more opinions this way.

Personally, I wouldn't consider any extended warranties other than exclusionary ones (policies that spell out exactly what is NOT covered, rather than the other way around), as you usually find out the hard way that 90% of the parts most likely to fail on today's high-tech 4x4s - such as a variety of electronic modules in the case of the Sport... - are not going to be covered by policies such as the one quoted above. The premium is cheap alright, but I am not sure this policy would be a good deal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Red Flag....

It's way too cheap. and usually if it's this cheap... something is not right...

pay more and get more reasonable one.. not expensive...

I paid mine around 3500 and mine covers everything but tires and wiper blade : )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Umbertob, I thought about starting a new thread after I posted it in the other one, my bad. Ok your advice and Baccocafe sounds good, I guess I will do without for now. If I have to pay $4000 for a warranty plan, I might a well take my chances paying that amount in repairs especially since I am only keeping the vehicle 1 or 2 more years. I received this quote from a warranty company in which this site recommends. They also gave me a bumper to bumper quote of 2years/24000 miles for $4200 but even that plan wasn't "exclusionary". Thanks again

·
Registered
52 Posts
For a minute that Primary Elite Care Coverage looked great...But like the other guys said, if it's too cheap it's definately missing something...I didn't see a clause / inclusion about "suspension" in the coverage. My RRSC is a 2008 and hasn't gave me too much trouble so far but for some reason I always worry about the air suspension going out one day. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I have similar condition with you as I am also considering an extended warranty. But I think the price is too cheap. I went to LR Dealer and the price is around $3400 ($50 deductible) for 2 years/25000 miles. So I think don't buy that warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts