RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking delivery of a black/black RRS SC and wondering if anyone knows the cost of extended warranty options available for this car in US/Canada.

I am current owner of a 98 Range Rover 4.0 SE and I will never buy another products from LandRover without the exteded warranty. I am planning on keeping the car for 4 years!

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Isn't it a bit early to be even needing to consider this? It's at least 3 years away as a problem for you...

I would guess the pricing is the same as the rest of the Landrover range.

Sit back, relax, enjoy the 3 years of ownership before you think about it!

·
Registered
397 Posts
On the other hand, extended warranties are cheaper the sooner you buy them--the higher the mileage, the higher the cost of the extended warranty. I bought one for my 05 RR when I took delivery.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Isn't the US warranty for 4 years/50K miles? If so, and you're only keeping the car for 4 years, why bother? Unless of course your driving over those 4 years will be far greater then the 50K miles.
Bish

·
Registered
397 Posts
3.5 months and 6.5K miles so far... i think the warranty was well worth it. "peace of mind" alone is worth the price.

I usually keep vehicles 8-10 years, 100-200k miles.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know the price of the extended warranty for another 2 or 3 years?

Markus - How much did you pay for the extended warranty in the US? In Canada the standard warranty is 4 years/80,000km.

I am planning on getting the extended warranty for another 2years/60,000km my dealer is quoting by $2700 CAD

Does this sound right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
RRS1 said:
I am taking delivery of a black/black RRS SC and wondering if anyone knows the cost of extended warranty options available for this car in US/Canada.

I am current owner of a 98 Range Rover 4.0 SE and I will never buy another products from LandRover without the exteded warranty. I am planning on keeping the car for 4 years!

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
I don't understand you. You are taking delivery of a RRS which means you have bought it. Then you say you will "never buy another products from Land Rover without extended warranty". So you must have settled the extended warranty business then.

Now you are asking about extended warranty. I believe this means you have NOT got the extended warranty thingy with this RRS deal. But you said 'I will never buy ....... ......".

How can this be?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I cannot recall the exact price of the extended warranty. I got one more year and 12K more miles (so 6 yrs, 62k miles) for around three grand (US). May have been 2700 or 3700..honestly do not recall.

In response to the above poster, in the US, you purchase extended warranties when you take delivery of the car. Obviously, he has hasn't taken delivery yet. Also, you have the option to add the extended warranty anytime during the initial warranty period--but at greater cost dependent on mileage.

Good luck with the RRS!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up my RRS SC black on black today with the bluetooth option and "I LOVE THIS MACHINE" (I placed my deposit in January and took delivery today!) the supercharger just eats the road ahead! You really feel the power once you use the tiptronic gear change in sports mode the engine revs up to 5500 RPM in each gear… it sounds fantastic!

In regards to the extended warranty I was told by the dealer salesperson that Landrover does not offer an extended factory bumper to bumper warranty like other manufacturers. They only offer Landrover extended warranty on pre-owned vehicles. But I was told that I can purchase the extended warranty (not the same as the original bumper to bumper warranty) from Landrover or the dealer before my factory warranty runs out. It will cost me $2000 to extend it for another 2years/60,000km.

Can someone verify this information for me please.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had my supercharged RRS for about 3 weeks. I did purchase the extended warranty since I plan on keeping this beautiful vehicle a long time. I got 7 years/100,000 miles for an additional $2300. it is bumper to bumper and although it is 3rd party it is billed directly through Land Rover so there is never any out of picket expense. I think this is a good investment if you plan on keeping your RRS beyond the 50K factory bumper to bumper and since it is transferable it is also good for resale.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
donvalencia,

Are you 100% positive that your extended warranty covers bumper to bumper after the factory warranty runs out?

I ask this question because I have spoken with 3 different Landrover dealers in my area and they have all told me that Landrover doesn't offer a exteded version of the bumper to bumper factory warranty. Landrover only offers a limited extended warranty that covers major components only.

If you could double check and let me know I would greatly appreicate that.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are three levels of coverage with the lowest price being major mechanical only- I think that was about $1700. I will check the name if the company when I get a chance and you can check it out yourself. BTW, I am in Seattle, WA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK here is the skinny on my 7 year/100,000 mile bumber ot bumper. It is called Premium Plus and is $2800. It is from National Warranty Corp. Their number is 800.547.4710. They are located in Eugene Oregon. They have two versions that are less expensive with less coverage called Premium and Super tech. I hope this is helpful for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
donvalencia - Thank you for looking into this. I will call my dealer with this information as they continue to tell me that Landrover doesn't offer "bumper to bumper extended warranty" and that they only offer a "limited extended warranty".

Did you purchase this warranty from your landrover deal or directly through 'National Warranty Corp" ?

I am sure you are enjoying your super charger as much as I am, becuase I always get people's heads turning with the nice sound!

did you wait to punch the car in sports mode before the owners manual break in period of 500 miles? My dealer told me that we should not worry about the break in period becuase this car was made for performance!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought it through the dealership

I have 600+ miles and never punched iit hard prior to 500 miles

I like to use the manual shift mode personally.

I like the saound although I wish it was a little stonger like the new G-55 Mercedes. I will be getting a new stainless exhaust system when they are available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts