RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 85k mile extended warranty on my Range that ends February 2011...I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth it to get another warranty beyond that.

Does anyone have coverage with this company and if so, could you share your experience?

http://www.genuinewarranty.com/componen ... /Itemid,1/

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think that this is the same company as Warranties4Wheels. I, too, have one of their policies sitting on my desk under review. There is a lot of reading on here about extended warranties -and- these particular companies.

If I could mooch on your topic here, and possibly get some extremely valuable advice from the veteran owners.... What happens to 2003 Rovers as they approach 100,000 miles? Have the expensive kinks been worked out, or would I be stupid to pass up a reputable extended warranty that covers most issues?

To be specific, I have been quoted about $1,000 per year up to 5 years for decent coverage including the air suspension. Seems like a no brainer to me, but i have never purchased extended coverage for anything, ever. Always been a self insurer type of guy.

Would appreciate your opinion

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you can get decent coverage for most major items for less than $100.00 a month, it is a no brainer. Any simple repair is at least $500.00. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased a 4 yr, 50,000 mile warranty with $0 deductible from Warranties for Wheels for approximately $3700 or $77 per month over the life of the warranty. The warranty is through National Auto Care’s “Pinnacle” level of coverage.
This is exclusionary coverage so rather than listing the components that ARE covered, the contract will list
the items and conditions that are NOT covered. Anything NOT listed under the exclusions – IS covered.

It appears to be fairly comprehensive and includes coverage for components that fail because they are worn beyond OEM specifications and tolerances, even some wear and tear items are included.

I thought this was good value and peace of mind for $77 per month. I was also quoted $3200 for a 3 yr, 36,000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible. The warranty is transferable a new owner. I guess I will have to wait and see if it turns out to be a good purchase. I won't know until I have to use it though!

For your info, my RR is an '06 supercharged with 54000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
NJROVER3766 said:
I just purchased a 4 yr, 50,000 mile warranty with $0 deductible from Warranties for Wheels for approximately $3700 or $77 per month over the life of the warranty. The warranty is through National Auto Care’s “Pinnacle” level of coverage.
This is exclusionary coverage so rather than listing the components that ARE covered, the contract will list
the items and conditions that are NOT covered. Anything NOT listed under the exclusions – IS covered.

It appears to be fairly comprehensive and includes coverage for components that fail because they are worn beyond OEM specifications and tolerances, even some wear and tear items are included.

I thought this was good value and peace of mind for $77 per month. I was also quoted $3200 for a 3 yr, 36,000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible. The warranty is transferable a new owner. I guess I will have to wait and see if it turns out to be a good purchase. I won't know until I have to use it though!

For your info, my RR is an '06 supercharged with 54000 miles on the odometer.
I'm looking at doing the $500 deductible W4W 3 yrs/unlimited mileage no air suspension. Reason being on the air suspension they will use Arnott struts if yours go bad which you can purchase for $350 I think if I remember correctly. I'd do the replacement myself and then have it aligned. I want the tranny and engine covered as well as the driveline. Those are the main areas of concern to me.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts