RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Can someone tell me how some extra leather on top of the doors and upper dashboard surround is worth a $1,000 and why one would need it? I asked my dealer to find me a 2010 RRS HSE LUX Zermatt Silver w/ Ebony and the only one he found that is available has the $1,000 extra option that I really don't need nor understand.

2) I would have liked the walnut wood with the Ebony interior and he can’t find that, nor can he tell me why some seats have the perforations and some don’t.

3) Why does the Landrover USA website show that that Sirius Radio is included on the HSE LUX meanwhile every single option sheet I have seen shows it as a $400 option?
http://apps.us.landrover.com/datacapture/popups/RangeRoverSport/o[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
i coulda sworn sirius was included with LUX since 07 or 08.

·
Registered
121 Posts
acole10000 said:
1) Can someone tell me how some extra leather on top of the doors and upper dashboard surround is worth a $1,000 and why one would need it? I asked my dealer to find me a 2010 RRS HSE LUX Zermatt Silver w/ Ebony and the only one he found that is available has the $1,000 extra option that I really don't need nor understand.

2) I would have liked the walnut wood with the Ebony interior and he can’t find that, nor can he tell me why some seats have the perforations and some don’t.

3) Why does the Landrover USA website show that that Sirius Radio is included on the HSE LUX meanwhile every single option sheet I have seen shows it as a $400 option?
http://apps.us.landrover.com/datacapture/popups/RangeRoverSport/o[email protected]
$1000 is chump change when buying a new Land Rover. I would pay it all day long. It adds a nice ambience to the interior.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phil. said:
$1000 is chump change when buying a new Land Rover. I would pay it all day long. It adds a nice ambience to the interior.
What an arrogant statement, I betcha if Land Rover sold $1.500 Curb Feelers you would tell me they a functional elegance!! I did not get to a point to afford a Land Rover by purchasing every accessory and option that is available and how does a piece of leather on top of the gauge cluster add "Ambiance"?

·
Registered
83 Posts
1) "worth" is very subjective. if i were ordering the truck and could choose my options, it wouldn't be "worth" it to me. if i really wanted the truck my dealer had for me and didn't have a line on another in a similar time frame, then it might be "worth" it.

2) on a truck with such limited availability (at the moment) these options/variations are gonna be very difficult to dictate. of course, if you are willing to wait, you can get almost any combo you like.

3) my understanding is that sirius is an option on the RRS HSE LUX - go to the LR USA site and build a truck, it always comes up as a $400 option for me. now, this of course is not an option for me, but an absolute necessity. the thought of listening to terrestrial radio and being without howard stern is just unacceptable - at any cost.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks SJG113 for your words….

The dealer split the difference on the extended leather option by giving me an additional $500 off the cost of the sport. My other choice was waiting a few months for one to pop into a dealers inventory or do a special order that would have been who knows how long. If I would have waited, I would just be watching my RRS go down in value especially since the tend to drop by a few grand when the new year comes around.

Paperwork signed and the new 2010 Zermatt w/ Ebony RRS LUX, HD, Sirius will arrive on Monday, Extended Leather Pack and all…..

Adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I was shopping for a new one I sat in an 09 with that extended leather package and I REALLY liked it - and how much richer it made the car "feel".

What I ended up buying was a 07' with 20K for 38K. No extended leather package and it feels much cheaper. Almost same car but what a difference it makes.
Just for fun log onto Porsche and build one of their trucks. On those you can pick every little piece of interior leather. You can get the AC vents wrapped in leather (really). I bet there are 100 different interior options that are all silly I think.

You will really like that option - it really adds "something" to the car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
acole10000 said:
phil. said:
What an arrogant statement, I betcha if Land Rover sold $1.500 Curb Feelers you would tell me they a functional elegance!! I did not get to a point to afford a Land Rover by purchasing every accessory and option that is available and how does a piece of leather on top of the gauge cluster add "Ambiance"?
Dude, you need to chill. when you ask for an opinion expect to get answers that may not agree with your stance on a subject matter. I'm not sure what set you off by my statement but calling me arrogant (which pretty much was what you were saying) wasnt called for. Yes, leather adds to the ambience of the interior.

·
Registered
121 Posts
bdslack said:
When I was shopping for a new one I sat in an 09 with that extended leather package and I REALLY liked it - and how much richer it made the car "feel".

What I ended up buying was a 07' with 20K for 38K. No extended leather package and it feels much cheaper. Almost same car but what a difference it makes.
Just for fun log onto Porsche and build one of their trucks. On those you can pick every little piece of interior leather. You can get the AC vents wrapped in leather (really). I bet there are 100 different interior options that are all silly I think.

You will really like that option - it really adds "something" to the car.
Well said and my exact thoughts. I had an 06 HSE without the leather package and when I got my next Range Rover I made sure I got is and just as you stated, what a difference it made. I will no longer offer my offensive opinion to this guy (not that he will lose sleep over it) since his ego gets in the way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
acole10000 said:
1 - At what point in ones life does $1,000 become insignificant..........

2 - Extended Leather is new option for 2010, so I am not sure how anyone saw it in pre 2010 sports.

See link below for pictures of a 2010 with and without the Extended Leather Package
http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/post236981.html#236981
Are you sure you are driving the right vehicle? I've never heard anyone complaining about having the option of a full leather dash. Bring on the Alcantara headliner!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd put $1k into the extended leather option over, say, a wheel upgrade. Upgrades that are right in front of my face the entire time I'm driving are good ROI.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts