RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a winning front diff.(ordered one from Scotty), and I have a clunk which happens when I put the gear box in Reverse, backup, put Drive, then there is kind of a little gap, and a little clunk, which is different than the clunk that happens when u have a bad transfer case(chain), because I've been there before and I did change the T-case where it was clunking from take-off. this time the clunk is as I mentioned above, so the question is, and sorry for the long text: is it possible that it is the T-case again? or is it possible that the bad diffrential is doing that gap then clunk?, and by the way, the clunk doesn't happen all the time, and it is basically when u take off smoothly meaning easy on the gas pedal. It is confusing to me, so ur help is appreciated :pray: . again when I take off quick it doesn't clunk. thanks in advance.
Zee

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kmag, but what causes the travel or the gap before it catches up, u feel that the driveshaft went for half a turn before it starts turning the diff, so in this case is it a travel in my bad diff. as I mentioned above, or is it possible in the T-case, or something else as u said in the u-joints? thanks.
Zee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts