RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 TDV6 with 20 x 8inch rims. In order to obtain more rugged tyres, it seems that I have to go to a 275mm width tyre.

Does anyone have experience with such tyres and the possibility that the increased width will foul body or suspension parts?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
85 Posts
The 21" rims come factory with 275 tires, errr "Tyers". If the rim offset is the same, which i expect it would be, then there is no reason you cannot put a 275 width on the 20' rims. You could always ask the dealer.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
I have 275/55/20 BFGodrich T/A KO2 tires on my RRS. No rubbing issues at all.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
50 Posts
I have 275/55/20 BFGodrich T/A KO2 tires on my RRS. No rubbing issues at all.
do you have any pics of your wheel/tire set up? Looking at buying some dedicated snow tires in this size for next season, and just want to see what they look like. and thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
do you have any pics of your wheel/tire set up? Looking at buying some dedicated snow tires in this size for next season, and just want to see what they look like. and thanks
Here you go. It's in extended height in this photo. It does not rub in normal height or access height either.

IMG_5485.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 TDV6 with 20 x 8inch rims. In order to obtain more rugged tyres, it seems that I have to go to a 275mm width tyre.

Does anyone have experience with such tyres and the possibility that the increased width will foul body or suspension parts?
Just put 275/55r20 Michelin Defender LTX rubber on 20s. No rubbing at all. Very happy with the ride/handling/etc. Moved from the stock 21” Pirelli Verdes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Those look great, but I think a little too "meaty" for dedicated snow tires. Those look like they'd be good for some aggressive off-roading... I just want winter traction, not that aggressive
For winter traction I would not suggest wider tires. If I were getting a winter tire I would go with 255/55/20 as opposed to a 275 tire. Wider tires aren't as good at getting to the road on snow.

BFGoodrich T/A KO2s are approved by Transport Canada as All-Weather tires and have the mountain with 3 peaks and a snowflake pointing out that they are okay for extreme winter driving. They aren't better than real winter tires but are pretty darn good. I like them. They are a compromise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts