Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I got the delivery of my RR last Saturday. I would like to share my experience after driving the car for a week.

1. Do not buy gloss black veneer interior ! I saw a big scratch in the front console after the first day. I do not know how it happened. The next day there were more scratches that bothered me a lot. Yesterday I got it wrapped with Xpel black film. It managed the hide the scratches and matched the original gloss black veneer in the door handles. If you get gloss black veneer interior, have it wrapped on the first day ! You can ask the installer to use pre cut template provided by Xpel (Display Screen and Interior Kit (ULTIMATE PLUS))

2. The metal part on the door steps were also scratched after the first few days. I wish I had it wrapped too. Now I got it wrapped with Xpel satin film. Unfortunately, the scratches are still visible. Here is the template for door steps (Wear & Tear Kit (ULTIMATE PLUS))

3. I got a chip on my windshield which cracked the window. It happed while the car had 20 miles on it ;(. I guess there is nothing I could have done. I now plan to have it repaired as the cost of replacing the whole windshield is probably very expensive.

4. The car audio system has a strange white noise when it is on and the volume is off. It is very irritating, especially for a guy like me (very noise sensitive). I will talk to the dealer about this later.

Alex

· Registered
2023 Range Rover ATB; 2019 Range Rover Sport ATB
361 Posts
Hi all. I got the delivery of my RR last Saturday. I would like to share my experience after driving the car for a week.

1. Do not buy gloss black veneer interior ! I saw a big scratch in the front console after the first day. I do not know how it happened. The next day there were more scratches that bothered me a lot. Yesterday I got it wrapped with Xpel black film. It managed the hide the scratches and matched the original gloss black veneer in the door handles. If you get gloss black veneer interior, have it wrapped on the first day ! You can ask the installer to use pre cut template provided by Xpel (Display Screen and Interior Kit (ULTIMATE PLUS))

2. The metal part on the door steps were also scratched after the first few days. I wish I had it wrapped too. Now I got it wrapped with Xpel satin film. Unfortunately, the scratches are still visible. Here is the template for door steps (Wear & Tear Kit (ULTIMATE PLUS))

3. I got a chip on my windshield which cracked the window. It happed while the car had 20 miles on it ;(. I guess there is nothing I could have done. I now plan to have it repaired as the cost of replacing the whole windshield is probably very expensive.

4. The car audio system has a strange white noise when it is on and the volume is off. It is very irritating, especially for a guy like me (very noise sensitive). I will talk to the dealer about this later.

Alex
Re #4- which audio system do you have?

· Premium Member
1,495 Posts
3. that is really bad luck. I had to get my windshield fixed after a chip & crack a few month ago, but I had been driving the RR for 7 years! Chip repair company came to my house. It isn't perfect, but it is right in the middle and under the rear view mirror, so not in my line of sight. Good enough and not worth trying to get a replacement windshield.

· Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,189 Posts
only upside to a new shield, is that it makes your view look like your in a new truck.
This means more for older glass. Bummer for the fresh chip with 20 miles though.
I suggest to increase the following distances,
the farther back you are the less damage you will incur

· Premium Member
2,272 Posts
The $3k or just about is not even the major problem. The real bummer is having to wait 3 months for a replacement.
Just been through that last fall with one of my L405s.

· Registered
151 Posts

Alex
the piano black can be polished by a pro using same technique as glossy exterior bits. it'll look like new. my wife would nail it with her steel-like nail and her rings. but a wrap after refinishing it will protect it well.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the piano black can be polished by a pro using same technique as glossy exterior bits. it'll look like new. my wife would nail it with her steel-like nail and her rings. but a wrap after refinishing it will protect it well.
Interesting. I asked a detailing shop but they refused to polish it, saying that it can make it worse. Do you know what product is used to polish it.

By the way, there were bubbles in the wrap and we needed to do it again. When we removed the wrap, the surface was in a much worse shape.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts