RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had problems with it rusting on the back. Its peeling and rusting. I want to keep it but im not sure as to what I should do.

Tips?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would sell it, but not sure how you would ship this big fella. PM me if you have an idea

Also It was my understanding powder coating was done in an oven. But if it could fit I would love to have that done. Going to make a few calls!

·
Registered
59 Posts
the rack that came on mine was super rusty. i plan on having it stripped then galvanized. then -if i like the galvanized look i will keep it like that- and if i want it black i will have it line-x ed

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a company in Nashville that can powder coat the rack. I found him when I was planning on having a rack re-powder coated. As I recall it wasn't overly expensive. Calipers we more expensive as I recall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
littlehandegan said:
I would sell it, but not sure how you would ship this big fella. PM me if you have an idea

Also It was my understanding powder coating was done in an oven. But if it could fit I would love to have that done. Going to make a few calls!
I would just get it stripped and powder coated for a nice looking durable finish. Powder coating can be applied anywhere, but needs to be cured in an oven. Most powder coaters around here have ovens large enough to do patio furniture and sports equipment, so I don't think you'll have a problem finding a place to do it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok going to get it powdercoated. Went searching the garage today and Cant find the hardware anywhere! /:(

Think the dealer will carry this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts