RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, I have been in touch with Andy Vix, proprietor of Voyager off road, makers of cool winch mounts, expedition racks etc for Range Rovers and Land Rovers. They have just made a cool rack for the new Discovery 5, see https://voyagerracks.com/land-rover-discovery-5-standard-voyager-roof-rack
The rest of their website is well worth exploring -- they test for wind noise etc.

They are anxious to make a decent rack, rear ladder, hidden winch mount (like the Silk Trail Range Rovers, see attached photo) , rock sliders etc for Range Rover IV/L405 but need a loan of a vehicle for prototyping and fitment. They asked me to ship mine to Florida but it seems like a bridge too far for me -- is anyone else interested who lives a bit closer for doing the first prototypes it would be ideal and will hopefully help shame Land Rover into offering their own.

Please let me know if you are interested, or just fill in the contact form at their website which takes you straight to Andy. THey seem very professional and if we can get this going it will fill a major unmet need.

Cheers

John

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
They're welcome to send a tech out to rip my car apart and check things out in California. Been trying to find a shop to do this for 2 years now. Who will be first? Then again, I know Heavy D is workin' on something rad for our trucks at Diesel Bros in Utah...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
3 Posts
What does Heavy D having cooking?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
3 Posts
what does Heavy D have cooking?

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thinking TopGear, let's suggest that to them! I wish I knew some shop on the left coast that is equally interested. I know there is one in Colorado that has done awesome mods to the current RR Sport model, another thread on this forum (sorry don't have the address in my head, do a search for it), but don't know if they have done a L405 FFRR yet.

Cheers

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts