RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into purchasing an expedition rack for my 2006 range rover hse and had a few questions that I hope some others may have an answer to...

I currently have Yakima kayak racks that I use on my old vehicle and wanted to know if those racks will mount to the expedition rack.

If not, how do all of you mount kayaks to the expedition rack?

Thank you!
Evan

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
877 Posts
At the price they charge for the expedition rack, I don't think there are many out there! Finding a subset of those using Yakima kayak racks with the expidition will be, like, zero. Is there a reason you couldn't just strap the kayak to the expedition rack?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the price they charge for the expedition rack, I don't think there are many out there! Finding a subset of those using Yakima kayak racks with the expidition will be, like, zero. Is there a reason you couldn't just strap the kayak to the expedition rack?
I feel like the kayak racks are more secure and I don't think I would get much storage space out of a rack with two kayaks strapped to it. With the Yakima kayak mounts, it at least tilts them 45 degrees so I have some storage spake in between them.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm not aware of any official accessories for mounting kayaks on there, but the rack is tubular, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to figure out a way to get those things on there. Based on the tapered shape of a kayak you'd probably be able to just put the little stands on the cross bars and the ends of the kayaks would probably clear the raised edges of the rack, but I've never tried so I can't be sure.

I put flooring on mine, and if you wanted to do the same you'd probably just have to cut some holes to access the points where you want to mount them... OR build something custom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts