RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm having a/c problem with 2006 RRSC. I'm considering ordering compressor, txv, and drier and doing work myself. I looked at rave, but I'm not sure how difficult it is to replace expansion valve.

Has anyone done it? How much do you have to disassemble the dash?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have done a lot of searching, but can't find any info.

Thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi none77,

I am currently struggling with this as well and I found that video but it was only a small amount of info. My 2006 L322 HSE is much more complicated than the expansion valve layout shown in that video. In my vehicle, the expansion valve is hidden behind the ribbed plastic cover shown in the picture. In order to access it, I think I will have to remove the whole fuse panel cluster. I have already removed the glove box and CD changer, which was a bit of effort all on its own.

I plan to remove the fuse panel and then get the plastic cover off and have a look at the expansion valve. Hopefully, I will have enough access to change it but the angle is quite awkward.

The first picture below is rotated by my cell phone; top is to the left
20180818_194513.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello again everyone. Need some advice on removing the existing expansion valve. I have removed the 2 bolts clamping the pipes to the valve and loosened the top 2 pipes. I can see the O rings and I am concerned about pushing the pipes further apart to free up the valve because the aluminium pipes are short and not flexing enough to give me clearance.

I am scared of forcing them apart. So close to getting this job done...

Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi 2006Rangie,

Thanks for picks. I haven't had a chance to do this yet... I was out of town all week. I have two different manuals, but the illustrations didn't look familiar. I can tell from your pictures where the illustrations are located. Did you need to remove Glovebox & fuse Panel? The manual isn't clear for "first time repair." It says remove plenum, trim panel, Footwell duct, Expansion valve cover.

Thanks,
Lou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts