RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Need two rear boxes for my 4.6. But i am finding replacements baffling 馃ぃ馃ぃ
拢340 for pattern parts
Or 拢480 for stainless steal powerflo.?

Registered
ho ho ! I went pattern at my last replacement. c拢280, including cats, Maltings off road - manufactured by All makes

Registered
Same here, Maltings off road..Complete system including cats eBay item 272214722398 for GEMS, 262391772282 for Thor or 272214709858 if you just want the centre and rear boxes. Easy enough to fit yourself, start from the front and work backwards although you'll probably need an angle grinder to cut the bolts off the old system to get it off. Only thing I found was that the U bolt supplied to join the two back boxes together was too small so had to pinch the missus's car to go and get one the right size, so check first.

Registered
I got a full mild steel system here in Oz from behind the cats back, custom made/fitted in a day for cheaper than that.

Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Hello!
I have the Magnaflow 16898.
Very happy with it, smaller (less exposed) than the stock one, and very nice rumble.

Registered
Ouch!! Magnaflow cat back system, $1100, Maltings Off Road cat back system, $188 equivalent (although would be less if being exported to the US as that includes the 20% UK VAT). That's a lot of money for a bit of rumble......

Registered
No, mild steel but pretty thick. My original system lasted almost 20 years before the centre box and rears started to rust through, if the Maltings system lasts half that I'll be very happy.

Registered
I have nearly as much rust on my Rimmers s/s Defender exhaust as i do on my mild steel Maltings/ Allmakes one, so it made more sense to save the money than have an exhaust that would outlast the car. I might have taken a different view if I was doing lots of driving on salted roads though, I suppose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts