RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the Kahn exhaust on my '06 HSE, looked and sounded good, but not obnoxious. Only issue was keeping the tips clean through the winters.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
search.
feature.

the short answer is to remove the resonator, the big bulbous looking thing under the rear passenger seats.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Drev's.

Is this for your 'Orange Roughie' ? I'd keep it real and remove the entire OEM system for later sale and do a custom setup dude.

It's better to do the intake side as well with a K&N filter to allow the engine to breath freely so exhaust gases can exit faster !

I'm sure if you look at the aftermarket suppliers, they can provide an "off the rack" setup post Cat's getting you full noise Bro' ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ThunderCat said:
how much did they run you?
i think the list price was like $3500. i did a package deal with the custom shop that also included wheels, painting and some other stuff, so hard to say what i really paid to be honest.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
vinniman said:
Drev's.
Is this for your 'Orange Roughie' ? I'd keep it real and remove the entire OEM system for later sale and do a custom setup dude.
I kept it real real: whacked the factory exhaust and Mig'd it back together myself.

It's better to do the intake side as well with a K&N filter to allow the engine to breath freely so exhaust gases can exit faster!
You got a dyno? I'd venture that the gains provided by any potential (minute) increase in air flow is more than negated by the increased intake temps afforded by a "free flow" system that removes the factory fresh-air box.
I'm sure if you look at the aftermarket suppliers, they can provide an "off the rack" setup post Cat's getting you full noise Bro' ?
If you want the bring the 'noize brah', just nix both central cans, the muffler and resonator. Most people would be happy with just the resonator removed, but I know you aussies like to stand out.
:)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
213 Posts
Drevs said:
search.
feature.

the short answer is to remove the resonator, the big bulbous looking thing under the rear passenger seats.
Agreed, ditch the resonator. It gives you a pretty great sound for $100. It's pretty loud too, but never intrusive like some aftermarket exhausts I've heard. Little louder than an AMG Mercedes or something

·
Registered
96 Posts
I put a Borla on my RRS HSE and it sounds awesome. However, I would suggest you not buy from JazzyJeff ( I think his name is)... completely unreliable. late shipping, waffling... Terrible. but the Borla sounds great.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Get the overfinch exhaust. I had it on my 06 HSE and it sounds awesome. I bought it from Mark @ OF for around $2500 shipped

Edwin

·
Registered
318 Posts
ThunderCat said:
I am looking for a little more sound out of my 06 RRS S/C. Any exhaust recommendations?

GOD BLESS.
Yes cut out the #7 resonator and don't waste 1k on an exhaust system...

Not to go too far off topic but can anyone else answer this - when you hammer on the gas, does it sound a little like you have a slight exhaust leak from the driver's side manifold? It's not loud but there is a slight ticking.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yup what everyone said about cutting the resonator....or you could just take it into a shop and have them custom fab you a system right there with the muffler of your choice and nice piping all through out...thats what ill be doing when i pick up my 2010 in a few months

·
Registered
240 Posts
ThunderCat said:
I am looking for a little more sound out of my 06 RRS S/C. Any exhaust recommendations?

GOD BLESS.
like everyone else said, remove the resonator. it sounds incredible and youll be saving about 3k in your pocket. Everytime someone takes a ride in my car or hears it or the first time i always get compliments on the sound. Also when driving under normal conditions you can barely tell you have made any changes.

id also like to add since ive removed the resonator on my car, ive had 4 friends do the same (3 s/c sports and 1 s/c vogue, i gotta add the vogue does sound a bit more agressive)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts