RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to put some nice exhaust tips on my 2012 Sport HSE Lux. Does anyone know why the ones compatible with the 2010/2011s are not compatible with the 2012 models? Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy? I've already checked Gibson and eBay but they are all selling tips that are designated specifically as fitting 10/11 model years.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
255 Posts
Autopartswarehouse.com, that's where I got mine, they were cheaper than anyone selling them on this forum And free shipping. Pretty sure they have the same Gibson tips thAt fit the 2012.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I spoke to Robert in sales at Gibson and he said they tips for 2012 are the same as the 2011. I ordered a set last week for my 2012 RRS HSE...delivery in 2 days :smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great guys thanks, what's installation like? bmwman, are you in a bimmer at the moment? Adding the new range to the current collection of BMWs!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Autopartswarehouse.com, that's where I got mine, they were cheaper than anyone selling them on this forum And free shipping. Pretty sure they have the same Gibson tips thAt fit the 2012.
so i went to that site. but they had TONS of gibson's tips...which did you buy? any pics of it on your car? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great guys thanks, what's installation like? bmwman, are you in a bimmer at the moment? Adding the new range to the current collection of BMWs!
Will let you know how installation is for me in a couple days. I had a 2009 BMW X5 but sold it a couple months ago to get a new full size range rover, but decided to wait until the 2013 comes out. The sport is in the family..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to bring this old thread back. I just bought a 2013 HSE Lux. What Gibson tip (part # please) should I get? Will 2012 model fit 2013? Any help on this would be appreciated. The rusty exhaust tips on my car have been driving me in sane.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where did you get yours from and what's the part #? Was it fairly easy fitment without any customization?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,727 Posts
Seriously considering $79 to ship something less than 2 pounds from China?

Turned down exhaust does require special tips for bolt on aesthetic changes. For the cost of shipping alone your neighbourhood welding shop can chop your down turn off and mount any tip you like. There are existing threads with both options sales links and pricing at your finger tips.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts
Where did you get yours from and what's the part #? Was it fairly easy fitment without any customization?
Do you have a US 2013 HSE lux? It's is straight. If you have the downward tip then you must be from UK or non US.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are right, I must've been drunk when I looked at them cause they ain't downward....straight as an arrow. Guess I can use the ones you bought. Do you know the part number? Cause when I talked to autoanything.com customer service they could not find anything with 11 inch length.
I was also looking into these http://www.ebay.com/itm/231994690461?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT on ebay. They are listed as OEM and the price is pretty steep. Though they look sweet, not sure if its worth the money considering Gibson ones look fairly good for 3rd the cost. Anyone has these on their HSE and have any opinion on them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Purchased Gibson Part # 500437 today. After seeing few pictures, I think I am convinced they will look nicer than the OEM VPLSB0087. I hope installation/ fitment will be easy and good. Thanks to everyone for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did it turn out? I found this thread looking for same solution. I have a Orkney Grey 2013 RRS HSE LUX and hate the plain looking exhaust. The pics on this thread were on an older RRS but looked great after install. Thanks in advance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts