1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys n gals,

I'm new to the fold.

Ok...here it goes...after a lot of searching here and elsewhere, and alot of good info.....I still dont have this answered satisfactory.....when adding aftermarket exhaust tips (I have an 08 RRS non SC), for those of us with that stupid, ugly downturned exhaust pipes, are you guys cutting the pipe to make the off the shelf pipes fit???
I know about the pair that you can get from the UK.....those are great, and if they were statestide, and cheaper, I'd have them already....I also know about the pair that are available through a member on here (figure 8's)...great looking, but....are you cutting the pipe to install them???....I know about the tons of Borla's, and Gibsons, etc...that have been fitted....but...are you CUTTING the pipe???
I didnt think this would be as difficult as this has been....I went on a small upgrade buying tangent recently (LED's black badges, black handles), and the tip part is where I stalled.....so tell me guys....are you CUTTING the pipe?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Yes I think you do, some even have cut the pipe before the resonator but I wouldn't recommend it. Basically buy your tips and take them to a muffler shop. They'll cut at the appropriate spot and weld the new tips on. Or PM the vendor that sells the figure 8s and ask him.
I've had the same question myself for 3 years now and come to think of it, never got an answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I think you do, some even have cut the pipe before the resonator but I wouldn't recommend it. Basically buy your tips and take them to a muffler shop. They'll cut at the appropriate spot and weld the new tips on. Or PM the vendor that sells the figure 8s and ask him.
I've had the same question myself for 3 years now and come to think of it, never got an answer.
Rafa.....Thank you for answering bro!.....
And I totally understand about not getting an answer.....I just dont understand why, no one has really come out and said "Hey all check out the new tips!...by the way, I had to Cut, or you have to Cut, or they had to Cut"
As you can see in my post its been more than a little frustrating for me.....mainly beacuse the stock tips bug the **** out of me!.....They are the absolutley UGLIEST thing on these vehicles!.....and not sure why others are all mellow about it! LOL!

DJ

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
And I totally understand about not getting an answer.....I just dont understand why, no one has really come out and said "Hey all check out the new tips!...by the way, I had to Cut, or you have to Cut, or they had to Cut"
As you can see in my post its been more than a little frustrating for me.....mainly beacuse the stock tips bug the **** out of me!.....They are the absolutley UGLIEST thing on these vehicles!.....and not sure why others are all mellow about it! LOL!

DJ
Yes, if they just install the tips, they have two kinds out there that are bent like an L shape so you can slip right on yourself, but if you buy the straight tips, they cut the part that is bent down and slide the new tip on and weld it!! does this help you out???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, if they just install the tips, they have two kinds out there that are bent like an L shape so you can slip right on yourself, but if you buy the straight tips, they cut the part that is bent down and slide the new tip on and weld it!! does this help you out???
98, thank you....yes it does help out!.....you say there are 2 types of "L" shaped tips out there.....I know of the one set that you can get from the shop in the UK .......do you know if any are available here in the US?

DJ

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
DJ, Ive learned there are not much helpers on here, you tend to get the same guys helping out instead of other members, Ive learned in Life there are takers and givers, so some memeber come on here to soake up as much info as they can with out sharing or helping other, just as they do in life!!! here check this ebay link, there is on on here but looks like it might come from the UK
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=range+rover+sport+exhaust+tips&_sacat=See-All-Categories

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts

DJ

I think the whole tips subject was beat to death circa 08 so other members figure "do a search". I wish it wasn't like that but between it and some of the Admins spanking new members it makes for a slow forum fer sur.

Let us know how it went, so we can ignore you again.

Just kiddin'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts