RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching "exhaust sound" before posting bc I would assume this has been asked before. Apologies if I missed the thread.

Thinking of switching from a V8 2014 RRS to a V8 2019 RR. I asked the dealer and they said the exhaust note was going to be the same because it was the same engine. He started the RR inside the dealership but I thought it didn't sound nearly as aggressive. I could be hallucinating though. Is the actually the case or do the exhaust notes sounds the same?

My other option is the 2019 AMG G-Wagon which has a VERY aggressive sound. If anyone has driven one of these (2019 only) please share your opinion between the two vehicles.

Thx!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
From the sound of it, your goals for exhaust sound do not match the goals and intention of the Range Rover. If you're comparing it to a $151k starting price for a AMG G63, you may want to consider the SVR ATB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgLcsrOHlwg

Tried searching "exhaust sound" before posting bc I would assume this has been asked before. Apologies if I missed the thread.

Thinking of switching from a V8 2014 RRS to a V8 2019 RR. I asked the dealer and they said the exhaust note was going to be the same because it was the same engine. He started the RR inside the dealership but I thought it didn't sound nearly as aggressive. I could be hallucinating though. Is the actually the case or do the exhaust notes sounds the same?

My other option is the 2019 AMG G-Wagon which has a VERY aggressive sound. If anyone has driven one of these (2019 only) please share your opinion between the two vehicles.

Thx!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very well put. Didn't consider the SVR for some reason but that would be more of an apples to apples comparison. I'm assuming your saying that Range Rover purposefully muffles the exhaust sound on the full size rovers for the "quiter" ride.

Thx

·
Registered
20 Posts
If exhaust and HP is a big deal than why haven’t you watched SVR reviews or driven one ? I’m seriously on top of one now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts