RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So !!!!! Range Rover sport 2016 diesel ! Need to take it for a needless drive to clear exhaust filter ? So what do I tell police if pulled over asking why I’m out .. do I say this car is not fit for purpose ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
So !!!!! Range Rover sport 2016 diesel ! Need to take it for a needless drive to clear exhaust filter ? So what do I tell police if pulled over asking why I’m out .. do I say this car is not fit for purpose ???
I'm dealing with the same issue right now. After multiple drives at "40 mph for 20 minutes" I still cannot get the filter to clear. Now it's totally clogged and in the shop ..... awaiting the bill. Any advice?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
186 Posts
could someone provide additional information on the source of this issue? Mileage? Year of RRS?

·
Registered
186 Posts
reasking my question. just had a 65k service done at a shop that specializes in RR. I said, hey, check the exhaust filter l on my local interweb that the filter is an issue. He looked at me like i was absolutely nuts. So, asking again, what or where is the exhaust filter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, am new here so just trying to be helpful. I currently own a Velar with a 3.0l diesel but have ordered a RRS with the same engine. The issue with the diesels (not soley RRs but all new diesels) is that they have a particulates filter which forms part of the exhaust system. When the car is driven in town the diesel particulates are trapped in this filter so build-up is dependent on driving style and conditions not age. When you get the warning on the dashboard you need to travel at a constant speed of not less than 60km/h (37mph) and 112km/h (70mph) for 20 minutes minimum. Do not ignore the warning doing so may mean that the filter will get full and then cannot be cleaned in the above manner but will need replacing (an expensive mistake). Below info form land rover explaining in detail.

Hope this helps.
Ron

·
Registered
71 Posts
Drive it for about an hr on the freeway. It took me that long to get mine to clear its codes for the exhaust filter. No problems since then.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thank you RonM. Learn something new every day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts