Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a ski hatch between the Executive rear seats? Or do I have to use the roof rack (which I don't like)?
Could anyone publish a photo of the hatch in open/close position? Thanks.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Apparently you are confused on the concept of the executive seating. It is for lounging and relaxing. It is for the enjoyment of the rear seat passenger/passengers. It is not for folding down, hauling or having items shoved through the center across controls, tables, arm rest and storage units. For customers wanting large amounts of storage in their Range Rovers the Executive seating package eliminates most of that room.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll, I belive the question is quite legitime:
I'm quite sure there is a ski hatch at FFRR LWB ATB SVC.

I just don't know, if a ski hatch is there also at FFRR ATB SWB with Executive seats installed.

Data from ATB SV catalogue:
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 21.12.19.png

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
No it is not. There are armrests and storage in that space.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At first, I was sure there is not, too.
But after I review RR catalogue, I found this:
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 21.12.19.png

It seems that IT IS available at SEAT STYLE 27 (whatever that means).

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I wonder if that is market/year specific as our 2015 has no pass through thanks to the storage and armrest and neither my buddy's rig. I sure can;t imagine sticking anything through the seat to ride on the arrest over the wood work, controls, table etc of the executive seating.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Must be. Neither one of us have anything like that on the inside or the boot side.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
And usually those ski hatches include an attached long water-proof nylon bag, so there is no danger of the damp/dirty skis messing up the inside of the RR. Long time ago, my father had an Audi A6 sedan with one of those ski hatches/bags and it worked really well. No ski racks needed.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
989 Posts
And usually those ski hatches include an attached long water-proof nylon bag, so there is no danger of the damp/dirty skis messing up the inside of the RR. Long time ago, my father had an Audi A6 sedan with one of those ski hatches/bags and it worked really well. No ski racks needed.
L322 did have the ski bag, and it was one of the parts that still had the most visible BMW logos.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any more accurate info? I just put a deposit on 2017 ATB with exec.seats Style 21, but even the dealer couldn't confirm this function.
And... I really don't want to install roof rails.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
the owners handbook/manual should be available within the next few weeks, that will give you a definite answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts