RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I am still trying to locate a major air leak in my intake system and I suspect the quick release connections on the evap canister on the firewall. If I unplug (and block off) the intake manifold tube I get good results. The two quick release connections on the canister seem to be quite loose fitting and I am wondering if they are no longer air-tight - or do they form a tight seal even when a sloppy fit?

About a month ago I had the fuel tank out to check of air leaks and found one at the top of the filler neck. I had the innards of one of the quick release fittings fall out when I removed the tank although I put it back together again ok - what a silly system. I am thinking of chopping off the factory fittings and using fuel line and hose-clamps instead - a bit more fiddly but no chance of any leaks.

Any advice is welcome

Rowan

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

There is a pump in the tank that sends the fluid towards the engine under pressure, and I supose there will still be some positive pressure in the return system to move the fluid back to the tank. From that point of view if there is a leak it will leak to the outside.

Regards

Jos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts