RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been brought up on here once before (with a lot of speculation) but what I am looking for is anyone's actual experience with Evans Coolant in a L320 SC 5.0 Rover or even a SC 5.0 Jag.

A little back history, I was a Evans coolant distributor and ran Evans in Disco's, P38's, BMW cars and even my BMW HP4. It it works perfectly in most vehicle applications. I would love to run it in my Sports but just wanted to see if anyone else has run it in our platforms for any period of time.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
35 Posts
I know this has been brought up on here once before (with a lot of speculation) but what I am looking for is anyone's actual experience with Evans Coolant in a L320 SC 5.0 Rover or even a SC 5.0 Jag.

A little back history, I was a Evans coolant distributor and ran Evans in Disco's, P38's, BMW cars and even my BMW HP4. It it works perfectly in most vehicle applications. I would love to run it in my Sports but just wanted to see if anyone else has run it in our platforms for any period of time.
I got my order a week ago and plan taking it to the shop to get done along with a new water pump and to replace any worn hoses after the holidays. I’ll circle back on here but probably won’t have any meaningful update in terms of its long term benefit. My goal is to reduce the wear and tear on the RRS’s cooling system and this seemed to be the best “upgrade” without going overboard.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
35 Posts

I got my order a week ago and plan taking it to the shop to get done along with a new water pump and to replace any worn hoses after the holidays. I’ll circle back on here but probably won’t have any meaningful update in terms of its long term benefit. My goal is to reduce the wear and tear on the RRS’s cooling system and this seemed to be the best “upgrade” without going overboard.
But to your point, pure speculation....

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had great experience with it on many cars especially being the local distributor here for 3 years, Just wanted to find out if there were any issues or concerns running it in these 5.0 engines cuz they are stupid expensive. I talked to the guys at Evans today in depth for a long bit and I am going to bite the bullet too, at least in the Off Road sport for now. I should have it converted next week. I am going to scan gauge the temps before and after, I know the Evans usually runs 10 degrees hotter from what I have seen on the Disco's.

It will be nice to compare notes Datriani

1 - 4 of 4 Posts