RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a euro trip and was absolutely blown away with how awesome the headlights over there are. They’re wider, brighter, reach further, and have way more effective beam forming for oncoming cars.

It’s probably difficult and expensive, but would it be possible to put the fancy new Euro spec lights on a North American rig? This would be for a 2018 ATB.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s as cool as that video makes it look! That shows a bunch of programming though, highly doubt the dealer would play ball on this.

Also this tech was recently approved for US use by the NHSTB and DOT so it’s hopefully just a matter of time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Until the archaic laws regarding high beam use change, we won't be seeing this anytime soon. Or maybe someone can get Mr. President to issue an executive order!

I have this enabled on my BMW, the SAE-spec headlights are missing some features, but some enterprising folks figured out how to bypass some of these problems. On other cars (Audi for example) instead of multiple LEDs like the video above, they use large single LED setups in the US so it can't even be enabled in software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s as cool as that video makes it look! That shows a bunch of programming though, highly doubt the dealer would play ball on this.

Also this tech was recently approved for US use by the NHSTB and DOT so it’s hopefully just a matter of time.
I’ve been following this on the NHTSA website. They have proposed standards that are significantly different than the rest of the world so I’m not holding my breath. Typical For them and why our lights are way behind. Also permissible light output in Europe almost twice what the USA allows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts