RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
its basically the most retarded thing i've ever heard of. Yes, euro plates are a better shape than NA plates... but no, putting them underneath NA plates doesn't make it any better looking. I guess atleast its on a european car... however, its still extremely stupid looking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
LOL...you all are so silly....i'm cracking up here...but .i've seen those tags setup like that before......i cant stop laughing @ the comments...sorry....guys...

·
Registered
678 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Maybe with this contraption you could layer up plates from all over the world? You and your friends could have a contest... :shock:
:lol:

Ha, that'd a 'contest' where no one would end up a winner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would having two plates constitute as general schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder? LOL, j/k to each its own, if you like the plate go for it...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
Wow...there's actually a club of people, or at least an agency or limo service that has all of its Mercedes with the same plate layering scheme?

This process seems to date back to the 1960's and 1970's when many German vehicles with the elliptical/oval white Zollnummer plates were exported to the U.S. and a U.S. TEMPORARY plate was bolted over it until the permanent U.S. state plate was assigned. I haven't seen one like this for a while, so I'm not sure if it still occurs.

Funny that you want to do that with a permanent plate...I'm not sure why...what's the message that this agency or group of MB owners is trying to send, that these are Mercedes which were built in Germany, instead of in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama plant? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
all of 01-07 C-Classes sold in US comes with trunklid insert for US plates. We all ordered euro trunklid insert from Europe, swapped it out and put euro plates under the US plate. it's one of many mods done to the car. euro plate is there cuz we CAN put euro plates on our cars...

if u think that's retarted, then too bad. i guess i'll hang out at OTHER range rover forum then... peace out.

G

·
0 Posts
MJ50 said:
seanFLA said:
Sounds like something you might get ticket for by a cop to me! :lol:
as long as u have US plate clearly visible, it's 100% legal...
Actually It is illegal to display two license plates on your vehicle (overlapped), and if a cop wanted too he could give you a citiation. And in most states it is illegal to have anything obstructing the the plate i.e. plate covers regardless of if its clear, tinted etc. its just not something you will get pulled over for, I havent.

need one of these?

G

·
0 Posts
MJ50 said:
WRONG! :mrgreen: I dont think the evidence can be any stronger than this. My opinion on this woud be it looks funny, if you want people to know where you got the car from get the sticker, but overlapping two license plates is just ridiculous because only 1% of the population knows what it is? (what is it?) and everyone else is like WTF? instead of "whoa thats cool".

MJ50 said:
it's one of many mods done to the car
And how is that considered a mod? you didnt change anything, just forgot to take the old LP off...

:idea: California penal code

I 4301 Evidence of foreign registration, applicant to surrender.

M 4462.5 Presenting or displaying false evidences of registration.

F 4463(a) False evidences of registration, California or foreign.

I 5200(a) License plates; two on a vehicle, one in front and one in the rear. NOT THREE, two in the rear one in the front is that like a ménage à trois of license plates?

I 5200(b) License plates; only one issue shall be attached to the rear unless issued to a truck tractor and then to be displayed in accordance with Section 4850.5 VC.

I 5202 License plates, operating vehicle without proper display of.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Murdered Out said:
MJ50 said:
seanFLA said:
Sounds like something you might get ticket for by a cop to me! :lol:
Actually It is illegal to display two license plates on your vehicle (overlapped), and if a cop wanted too he could give you a citiation. And in most states it is illegal to have anything obstructing the the plate i.e. plate covers regardless of if its clear, tinted etc. its just not something you will get pulled over for, I havent.

need one of these?

I saw one of them once. To hard to use though. :lol:

Leo

·
Registered
213 Posts
MJ50 said:
all of 01-07 C-Classes sold in US comes with trunklid insert for US plates. We all ordered euro trunklid insert from Europe, swapped it out and put euro plates under the US plate. it's one of many mods done to the car. euro plate is there cuz we CAN put euro plates on our cars...

if u think that's retarted, then too bad. i guess i'll hang out at OTHER range rover forum then... peace out.
Sorry dude, I just don't think it looks cool....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Task that is not many gradevole the sight of 2 two overlapping plates. Oltretutto from Italian, you leave me to say that Your plates are sure piu' beautiful beyond that personalizzabili of those Europeans, therefore it also leaves you them cosi as they are.
Ciao da Massimo

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Massimo is right, I have a lot of friends back in Italy who love and collect US license plates from every State (especially personalized ones), they consider them much more imaginative and colorful than the ones they issue in Europe. The grass is greener blah blah. However, when they get them they hang them in their garage, not behind the Italian plate on their cars. :wink:

·
Registered
144 Posts
MJ50 said:

MJ50...dont get offended buddy....we just needed a laugh....the guys dont mean any harm by it...is just an opinion....if you like how it looks then go for it.....me personally just dont care for it, but its your ride..enjoy it..if you want to paint it pink and you like how it looks....JUST DO IT....my 2 cents

21 - 40 of 49 Posts