RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Yeah, I've seen a few cars around with that "mod" here in fashionable Southern California. Nice Porsches, Mercs, Bimmers, perhaps even a Land Rover or two. :shock: I'm sorry if you are a fan, but IMHO they look ridiculous. It's like wearing expensive Nike shoes with the price tag hanging off them. I've seen kids walking around like that, too. Young kids I can understand, but grown men...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Tim, imagine you and your RR move over to the US, you register your car here and slap a US license plate on your tailgate without removing the Dutch plate first. The trick is to make sure that the Dutch plate partially shows under the US one, so that when people see it they think... I don't know what they think. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i already have 2 euro plates on my cars and i think it's great if u have euro cars...

1 i put on the front so that was easy
the other one i put on the trunklid where i had euro trunk lid insert with mounting holes specifically for euro plate... so it was easy...

my question is how the mounting holes are on the RR sport.
are there just 4 holes to fit US plate?
or are there more holes in the middle to fit Euro plate?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
To each his/her own. My Sport came with a bracket specifically sized and pre-drilled for a California license plate on the liftgate, there are no extra holes on the mount. But the bracket is a simple piece of plastic and can be removed, or you could probably drill extra holes to match, if the bracket is wide enough. I think it's attached to the liftgate with two bolts in the center.

Hey, maybe I saw your car! I live in Altadena, just up the street from you. Welcome to the forum. If you have, or are looking to buy, a RRS, you should probably move this over to the Sport forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm... sounds like the trunk insert is very similar to MB...
any idea where u can order euro trunklid insert?
maybe UK ebay?

my bad... can u pls move this thread over to RRS section?
did u come to socaleuro earlier this year at SD?
i'd be happy to join RR local meet if u welcome ML... :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am gonna have to add, i saw someone in there audi with this, and they were driving like a complete dips**t, using the emergency lane as if it was another lane . even if they wern't in the emergency lane it was still stupid

it will only get stares like, WTF is that dude on

·
Registered
179 Posts
MJ50 said:
NY S/C said:
Hey MJ50

I recognize you from MBWorld.
lol...
what u doing here now? :D
I sold the C32 and bought the RRS. I still spend a lot of time over on MBWorld but mostly in off topic.

I was waiting for the 4 door M3 to come out but after reading all the articles about the C63, I just might make the switch back to Mercedes.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sounds like something you might get ticket for by a cop to me! :lol:

Kind of like those license plate covers that darken the plate. How are those even legal in ANY state?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts