RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your estimated range on the dashboard when fully loaded? I only get 40 kilometers / 24 Miles. On the Land Rover website they write up to 50 km / 30 Miles.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Re: Range P400e

What is your estimated range on the dashboard when fully loaded? I only get 40 kilometers / 24 Miles. On the Land Rover website they write up to 50 km / 30 Miles.
I remember on our Volvo we had to put it in "pure" mode to get more range. Is there a different driving mode you can try on the range rover?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I remember on our Volvo we had to put it in "pure" mode to get more range. Is there a different driving mode you can try on the range rover?
I mean when the car is 100% full and still on the charger.
When the car is done charging, take it off the charger, turn it on and put it in pure or ev mode (not sure what range rover calls it) and it should show the higher range.

You would have to stay in that mode to get the full range.

Edit-----

It seems to be called ev mode.

In EV mode the P400e can be driven up to 51km with zero-emissions when fully charged. This driving mode is manually selected using a button on the console and gives the new PHEV model a top speed of 137km/h while its generous range will allow drivers to complete most commutes without engaging the petrol engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts

The range seems to vary for me. From what I've noticed, it seems to be based on the trips I take. It "learns". For my city commute, it seems to "stabilise" at around 22 miles (~35 km). When I've spent more time in the country sides, in a couple of days it learned that it can do more kms (less start/stop at traffic lights) and it stabilised at around 28 miles (45 km).

I'm curious if others have noticed similar variations.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts

it doesn't "learn" per se, it just averages. just like every fuel display system. since it has zero idea where you're going, what traffic will you hit, how much will you be hanging out at Dunkin's (or whatever) drivethru waiting, how much heat/AC you will use, etc etc etc etc, the only thing it can do is to look at its past history. and that's exactly what these computers do. therefore, the displayed range remaining is just math based on the previous trips.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
24 Posts

I also realized that after driving only by city, the charge of 100% battery only indicates that I can do 34/37 km but if the weekend I drive by car with trailer when I charge 100% my RR battery , the dashboard tells me about 50 km of autonomy
elmer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts