RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my transmission for rebuilding, and mechanic says that genuine Esso LT71141 fluid for my 2003 L322 V8 4.4 is not available anymore due its production cease.
I've been advised to use "analogic" Ravenol fluid but honestly I'm stickle with it. Searching the internet I've found out that the new replacement for Esso LT71141 now calls Mobil ATF LT71140, has anyone heard about it or it's still better to search for vanishing Esso fluid?

Btw: how much of fluid do I need for complete refill of my disassembled (for now 8) ) 5HP 24?

Thanks in advance!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
ExxonMobil have simply rebranded their own fluid from Esso to Mobil so those of us with the ZF 5HP24 transmission should continue to use LT 71141.

Capacity from dry is just under 10 litres.

Phil

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Phil,

thanks for all the helpful advise, I bet you have a good source for the LT71141 oil? Would you mind sharing where you get it from?

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you search his posts, he posted all the different part #s LT71141 is rebranded as. I found my local VW dealer to be the best price

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
It’s certainly worth trying the other dealerships (Peugeot, VW, etc.) to see if they sell it at a more competitive price than Land Rover. Jaguar, on the other hand, charge more than Land Rover!

If you can manage buying in larger quantities (which is how I buy it) then oil stockists in the UK such as http://www.oil-store.co.uk/ sell it for £11/litre (for 12 litres) or £9/litre (for 20 litres) including VAT and delivery.

Phil

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great thanks chaps. I only need a couple of litres and it looks like there is a good selection on ebay of these smaller quanities.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts