RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help

iv had some issues with the car trying to select high level at low speed been through all the connectors including the ones in foot well fitted brand new drive pack but no change select standard and it sorts its self out over 30 it sorts its self out goes down to motorway and returns and will lower but slowly the hold button works but the fault bypasses it there are no stored faults new compressor and Dunlop bags no leaks I could live with it but this is the question to the experts here will it do any damage to live with it

Thanks

Trevor

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If sure would make it easier to read your thread if you used some punctuation. No really sure what you are saying. Are you able to select different levels at rest?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
24 Posts
If you read some of the threads about disabling the eas with the ignition turned off, you may find that this isn't abnormal. If the vehicle is sitting near High Level when eas powers up, it may want to default to that setting. I've recently done a mod to kill the power to my eas module when the ignition is turned off, and my vehicle now sometimes acts like you are describing. (This seems like a small price to pay, as before I did the mod, my vehicle kept lowering itself down to the bumpstops overnight.) Maybe a previous owner did a similar mod? Or maybe the last time the eas initially powered up, your vehicle was sitting high? Just some thoughts, I may be completely on the wrong track concerning your issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi perhaps I over complicated this all I want to know is with this constant go to hi going to do any damage

thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,062 Posts
Only when it falls over if you have to swerve to avoid something in the road as the centre of gravity is so high. It won't cause any damage to the EAS parts but it'll handle like a blancmange so you do really need to get to the bottom of why it is doing it. Has it had the timer relay swapped for a standard 4 pin one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts