RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but after a quick search, I wasn't able to find much information.

All the sensors, front and back are working (making the clicking noise) but they seem to have a mind of their own when it comes to actually working and not going into fault mode (loud rear tone and flashing light on the pdc button). They will work for 2-3 weeks and then not work for a week or so. This process repeats itself on a regular basis. I assume if it is a loose connection, I wouldn't hear the sensor clicking when it is in fault mode, correct? Vehicle was at dealer for an unrelated issue yesterday (sensors had been working for the last 3 weeks) and as always they washed it. Sensors worked when I left dealership but pulling out of the garage this morning, they went back into fault mode. Could it be a moisture issue?

Thanks for any insight into this problem!

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Brian,
Go anywhere near them with a power washer and they do not like it at all, so moisture is likely to be the problem. Here in wet England WD40 spray is our savour and although I have not used it on my sensors it may be worth trying to keep road spray/water away from them, don't forget the plugs on th backs as well. I have sensitive hearing and noted that the sensors giving the loudest clicking noise are more sensitive - emagination? If you can afford it when in fault mode get them diagnosed which will tell you exactly which sensor(s) is/are faulty, saves hours of frustration & guesswork.
Have fun,
Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts