RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there are many posts on this forum (as well as the P38 fourm) about code readers/scanners and i have searched them all (i think :!: ) looking for the best one to buy. :think:

i think i have decided on the Equus 3130 Innova Diagnostic Code Scanner from Amazon.com for $150us...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KI ... d_i=507846.
(stupid amazon wont ship this to Canada) :shock: :evil:

it's also at Atlantic British for $250us...
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/D3130.cfm?bc=ab

is there anyone out there that has actually used this reader for a 1996 4.0 RR (Gems) :?: i just want to make sure that it will "read" my truck before i have one shiped to Canada.

Thanks and God speed...

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I had a 3100 and it was great for generic engine codes. However it did not access any of the other systems. It might be worth saving up a bit and getting something with more capabilities if you are going to keep your rig long term.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can only second the above comment on the 3100...... USELESS for the Range Rovers.

I have one.

Currently looking for PC based options as I have the EAS Unlock (Brilliant) and Tartarini Gas on a dedicated Laptop.

Cheers
Jeff
96 P38
Romsey, Australia

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MoodyBlue933 said:
I can only second the above comment on the 3100...... USELESS for the Range Rovers.

I have one.

Currently looking for PC based options as I have the EAS Unlock (Brilliant) and Tartarini Gas on a dedicated Laptop.
thanks for the insight

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,445 Posts
The ScanGuage II will access trouble codes and act as a trip computer, as well as doing other stuff. ghind on this forum has one on his P38A - I want to try it out. Do a forum search for ScanGauage.

I assume that it won't access all the P38A specific stuff.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just bought one (also for other cars). I like the live diagnosis feature, but dont know what the hell any of it means. Is there a specific point where i know the H2O's are on their way out; I had a bit of trouble the other day with the temp gague on the rise and the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) setting is reading while driving at 212 f; i know the idle in P is to be 750 and mine is 638 rpm what is wrong...and a bunch of other stuff! It may not matter, i will probally wreck while reading the LD on the ODBII. It may be illegal to read and respond to text and email messages; Is it illegal driving while reading codes?

charliet

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,445 Posts
charliet said:
Is there a specific point where i know the H2O's are on their way out;
When the water is on the way out? :wink:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
p38arover said:
charliet said:
Is there a specific point where i know the H2O's are on their way out;
When the water is on the way out? :wink:
its a American thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTY: Andrew, we never did figure out a price for that Transfer Case ECU. let me know,

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ment Heated Oxygen Sensor. Can you guys not read typo in the rest of the world? It must be "an American thing." Plus I cant spell! :doh:

charliet

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,445 Posts
charliet said:
I ment Heated Oxygen Sensor. Can you guys not read typo in the rest of the world? It must be "an American thing." Plus I cant spell! :doh:

charliet
No worries, Charlie. It was the second time that week I saw H2O used for O2 sensors. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yea, I saw that also in the P38 Forum. It must have stuck in my head!

charliet

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,445 Posts
Rich998a said:
That would have been 'HO2', not H20 which Ron thought he saw... :roll:
My eyes ain't as good as they once were.... :(

:D :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
We all have our faults.

charliet

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just an FYI;
this code scanner works great with my 1996 Gems motor (4.0). i recommend this unit to anyone interested.

local part store in Vancouver (Lordco) - $380.00can :(
amazon.com - $150.00us ($240.00can shipped) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts