RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Had my EPB repaired and now I need to manually set it when I park, while before it was automatically applied when I set into P.

Any idea?

Thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
Doesn't sound right..EPB shouldn't automatically set when you put it into Park, but it will automatically release when you drive away w/o manually releasing it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am 100% sure it was doing it before, because I had to apply the special trick indicated in the user manual when I had a sticky EPB before the repair (keep on pushing the EPB button 5s. Before going into park and release it 3s. one in park to avoid automatic engaging of EPB).

A special european feature maybe?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
Maybe...never heard of it. What year and model do you have?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
What does the manual say about Automatic EPB application for this year's model?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I know that auto park brake (as explained above, the electronic park brake automatically engages whenever the shifter is moved to Park) can be enabled with IIDTool on my 2013 LR4, although the default setting here in North America is auto park brake OFF - it may be enabled in other markets. I drove a loaner car from a local Land Rover dealer a couple of years ago while mine was getting serviced that had that auto park brake enabled as well. It could have been an Evoque or a LR2, can't remember now, although the car also had Stop/Start. Perhaps some dealers enable it on their loaners as extra safety.

Me, I'd rather set the park brake myself only when I want - and I usually don't want... It's troublesome enough, and I can see why your dealer turned off the automatic feature after servicing it. :wink: But if you want it turned back on, it should take them no more than a minute via diagnostics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for your interesting answer, I think after all I will do as you, keep it manual, and switch it only when needed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts