RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put new rotors and pads on my 2008 RRS HSE. I didn't know till after the fact what a detailed adjustment process there was for the RRS EPB. I just basically adjusted it the similar way drum rotors on other cars are (slight drag)...

Since the replacement, I've driven back home but haven't engaged the EPB. I haven't noticed any drag, sound, smell from the rears or anything...

Should I be OK for now till I have time next week to re adjust the EPB as long as I don't try to engage he EPB till then?

Reading all these threads about EPB failure and what not is causing me to be concerned. Thanks.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Goose and/or Umberto have posted the procedure a few times. Search really is your friend.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My concerns actual stem from discovering the proper procedure after I already installed new set of brakes. Now that I realized I did it wrong I'm asking if I should be ok till after I get a chance to readjust as long as I don't engage EPB for now.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Well you should take care of it as soon as possible. Be a bummer if you hit the parking brake out of habit and it locks up.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Spoke with the tech at the dealership right before I did the rotors myself the 1st time. They don't bother dialing it back or adjusting the EPB unless they are changing the parking pads. Once the rotors are changed, they engage it and dis-engage it ensure it works. Supposedly, the EPB auto-adjusts to the "right" level once engaged. I've done the same the last 2 rotor changes and not run into any issues. Hopefully I've not screwed anything up the past several years, but it's working fine ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts