RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All- While driving my RR Sport the entire car shut off. No engine. No steering. No power brakes. Fortunately, I was able to get the car off the road. I was pushed the start button and the car did start up after that. However, everything in the electrical system was reset (e.g., the clock, radio presets, etc).

It's currently at the dealership (and is still under warranty) but am hoping you all can point me to what may have happened. Just want to keep the dealer honest and make sure this doesn't happen. It was very scary.

·
Registered
335 Posts
wow that is scary! what year is your RRS? HSE or SC?

All- While driving my RR Sport the entire car shut off. No engine. No steering. No power brakes. Fortunately, I was able to get the car off the road. I was pushed the start button and the car did start up after that. However, everything in the electrical system was reset (e.g., the clock, radio presets, etc).

It's currently at the dealership (and is still under warranty) but am hoping you all can point me to what may have happened. Just want to keep the dealer honest and make sure this doesn't happen. It was very scary.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i would really get on your dealership and dont let them get away with putting a "band aid" on it. if you have to get corporate involved. because that is really scary!! i hope this is not a common problem amongst RRS drivers.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
818 Posts
Sounds like a loose battery cable or ground from the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. The exact same thing just happened to me. I had a tow truck come to get it. No warranty so I am really nervous. What was wrong with your car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts