RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I hope you can help me out with this one.

I have an issue wth the screen in my 05 Vouge.

Basically the screen will start to boot up and then say Temperature Error - Shutting Down. Occasionally you will have a very short (less than a second) period of music, and the reversing camera and sat nav seem to work in the background (with the error massage in the middle of the screen) but then it will turn off. After 5 minutes the light on the power button will flash, the Land Rover logo will appear and then the error message comes on and it will turn off again. This happens exactly every 5 minutes.

It has been doing this for the last month. Does not matter what time of the day or what the temperature is either inside or outside the car. I can drive it for hours and it will just continue on the 5 minute cycle without working!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
263 Posts
Hello All,

Basically the screen will start to boot up and then say Temperature Error - Shutting Down. Occasionally you will have a very short (less than a second) period of music, and the reversing camera and sat nav seem to work in the background (with the error massage in the middle of the screen) but then it will turn off. After 5 minutes the light on the power button will flash, the Land Rover logo will appear and then the error message comes on and it will turn off again. This happens exactly every 5 minutes.

It has been doing this for the last month. Does not matter what time of the day or what the temperature is either inside or outside the car. I can drive it for hours and it will just continue on the 5 minute cycle without working!
You need to get your faults scanned.

I'd bet you have a failing radio or other module in the boot on an 05, water ingress back there happens and can short modules.

From your description a module is rebooting and unable to stay powered up.

A fault scan will tell you which modules are reporting and if any are erroring.

Personally I'd recommend you spend the money on an IIDTool if you're inclined to fix it yourself. You'll usually spend just as much in shop labor having them scan and diagnose for you. A few visits to a shop saved by an IIDTool pays for itself immediately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,

Hi there! KDC123... i have had same problem with my LR322 2007 supercharged range rover.
After i have it checked with a few shops they cant find trouble with what exctly the caused of this temp error-shutting down. After 5 hours in my garage analysing the system. Mine is working now!?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,133 Posts
Under the left rear window in the luggage area, just forward of the AV equipment stack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts