RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I just spent a lot of money to have a new abs pump to repair my ABS fault... Everything was great until I went to McDonalds today for lunch. I was in there for about 15 minutes and when I tried to start my 99 4.0 se it would not fire up. I checked the battery, and had my brother attempt to jump start the car but no luck. Also, all of the electircal components of the car appear to be getting full power.. additionally over the past few days I have noticed that it has taken slightly longer for my EAS to pressureize, nothing too worrysome at the time I thought maybe a minor leak somewhere would need to be checked... Now I'm wondering if there may be some connection... Anyways.. my car seems to be getting a good electircal supply from the battery, but the engine will not start! any help?

thanks in advance,

·
Registered
105 Posts
You need to be specific, I.E. won't crank, cranks no start.
If it cranks I suggest you check fuel pressure :wink:
Pumps fail religiously around 90,000 to 130,000 miles :shock:
A gas engine needs 3 things to run, AIR, Fuel, and SPARK.
A diesel engine needs FUEL, AIR, and COMPRESSION for CUMBUSTION.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply and and sorry for not being clear in my description. Im getting absolutley no action, no crank at all. Just a faint clicking noise from the engine bay.. I have done my fair share of searching on this topic and have read a lot about the crank position sensor.. maybe that could be the problem?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Loose battery cable at starter or battery, Bad Battery,burnt starter relay, stuck solonoid, or worn out brushes.
Check those connections and then TAP the starter with a small hammer and see if it works, if so brushes or solonoid.
Post your findings :thumb:

·
Registered
701 Posts
That means there is something wrong with the starter or solenoid, so start looking into it before it leaves you stranded with no luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts