RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am a new member. I recently leased a 2019 RR sport V8. Will post some pics later. Planning to do some cosmetic mods to it.

I was looking at tune options. Was looking at velocity AP. Was wondering if any of you guys tuned your V8, what tune did you use and are you guys happy with it. Is there perceptible difference in the performance?

I am as always worried about the warranty side of things, but have been lucky so far (all my vehicles have been tuned so far).

Also have a question about lowering it (know it's counterintuitive with the RR but i rarely off road). It's mainly for cosmetic purposes again. Read briefly about GAP lowering modules. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thank you much. Love the SUV so far!

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
I've used the Velocity AP tune for about 14 months now and am very happy with it. Great customer service that is very responsive.

I flash back to stock before going to the dealer for any service, etc and having used two dealers since getting the tune, neither one mentioned anything. Velocity is transparent that yes if the dealer really wanted to search for it they could tell that the ECU flash number is elevated, but most people won't bother which has been my experience.

I notice a difference with the tune because when I have to switch back to stock and drive for a few days, I can tell the car isn't as quick, despite it being very quick from the factory.

You'll need a PC to use the velocity software (it won't work on Macs with virtual desktops, believe me I've tried). The only other advice is to make sure you flash back to stock a few days before service. Any time you flash a check engine light comes up, and I've counted and it consistently takes 5 restarts for the check engine light to go away.

Can't help with lowering it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lots of information in other threads about both topics. I also have the Velocity tune and have been very happy with it. Flashed back to stock the first few times to the dealer, but the last few I've left it with the tune flashed and they haven't said anything.

I've used the GAP tool for lowering. It's fairly limited as far as what you can do... basically lower it by a certain number of mm and it lowers the access height, ride height and off road height all by that amount... but easy to do and looks good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have 16K miles on mine, got it back in May of this year and I tuned it right away. I just love the tune! The power and torque increase is beyond fun. It was exactly what I was looking for. I took it in for a recall service work and no issues with it what so ever. Since I was back in BC at the time I had a chance to go to the VelocityAp headquarters and meet Stuart and the tech (Chris) that does the tune and man do they know there stuff! highly recommend them!

Hi. I am a new member. I recently leased a 2019 RR sport V8. Will post some pics later. Planning to do some cosmetic mods to it.

I was looking at tune options. Was looking at velocity AP. Was wondering if any of you guys tuned your V8, what tune did you use and are you guys happy with it. Is there perceptible difference in the performance?

I am as always worried about the warranty side of things, but have been lucky so far (all my vehicles have been tuned so far).

Also have a question about lowering it (know it's counterintuitive with the RR but i rarely off road). It's mainly for cosmetic purposes again. Read briefly about GAP lowering modules. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thank you much. Love the SUV so far!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
174 Posts
I have a '19.5 RRS V8 Supercharged. Tried to get a tune with VelocityAP but was not able to get mine tuned yet because I guess the '19.5s don't have the engine map file available or something or the flash unit thingy couldn't read my ECM files. The alternative they gave me was to remove my ECM and send it to them and they could put the tune on there directly and then send it back to me. The vehicle is already fast as hell so I haven't been in a rush to go through the extra steps to get the tune.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
59 Posts
My 2015 SVR has the VAP Tune and Pulley Upgrade ..I COULDN"T be happier!! It completely transforms the vehicle . Amazing power and TQ through the whole RPM range. Zero Regrets.
I think I'm putting out north of 650HP/TQ now.

I've also had it in for service with no issues from the dealer.

Cheers

J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts