RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got a 2013 mark iv range rover diesel v6,which to be fair at 40000 miles from purchasing new has been pretty faultless .Yes ,had the overfilled dipstick issue and all the weird diesel gut wrenching smells ,but that's about it.Im approaching 60 years old and had Range Rovers most of my driving life since certainly 21 years old never really had issues with any of them quite honestly, same for my old old man, hes 82 and also drives Land Rovers hes just getting excited at picking up his 1954 series 1 Landie. Anyway ,Im digressing and Im new to the forum don't know why Im so late...and got a small issue to sort .Well, Ive noticed a bit more noise from near the instrument cluster and door almost like a ticking fan a bit more noticeable when cold and lower Revs on the drivers side .My local Land Rover Indie heard it and said its almost like a leaking seal on the door, he also said good luck with that your dealer wont have a clue...he was right. They wanted to strip out dash, I wondered if maybe the exhaust was weeping but they reckon not ,if they looked at all. All looks fine ,runs good, its just an annoying light noise at mainly low revs, my wife reckons its time for a Velar but its such a good car.Any thoughts Guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We recently purchased a 2016 CPO RR TD6 with approx 38k miles and I noticed a similar noise (more so noticeable in the area behind the center of the dash) but in the lower (1200-2000) rpm range. Took it back to the dealer, they weren't able to diagnose the noise so Land Rover gave them the go ahead to replace the entire engine! I hope to have it back later this week or next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for response ,cant help thinking its an exhaust joint slack below bulkhead area or a leaking manifold.My local independent reckons it could be a transfer pipe behind dash as hes done a few discos,but he reckons its more a whooshing sound .He reckons any slight leak on manifold would trigger engine light its pretty sensitive.Thats why gut instinct is a weeping exhaust joint,cant be much.Amazed Land Rover authorised an engine swap so easily....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was surprised at land rover's actions as well. That said, I think the sound we heard was more mechanical. The dealer said that rather than trying to diagnose the issue, they/LR would rather replace the engine and have the old one sent to HQ and they would tear into it.

Gold luck with your repair, I'd be interested in hearing your result.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, got a 2013 mark iv range rover diesel v6,which to be fair at 40000 miles from purchasing new has been pretty faultless .Yes ,had the overfilled dipstick issue and all the weird diesel gut wrenching smells ,but that's about it.Im approaching 60 years old and had Range Rovers most of my driving life since certainly 21 years old never really had issues with any of them quite honestly, same for my old old man, hes 82 and also drives Land Rovers hes just getting excited at picking up his 1954 series 1 Landie. Anyway ,Im digressing and Im new to the forum don't know why Im so late...and got a small issue to sort .Well, Ive noticed a bit more noise from near the instrument cluster and door almost like a ticking fan a bit more noticeable when cold and lower Revs on the drivers side .My local Land Rover Indie heard it and said its almost like a leaking seal on the door, he also said good luck with that your dealer wont have a clue...he was right. They wanted to strip out dash, I wondered if maybe the exhaust was weeping but they reckon not ,if they looked at all. All looks fine ,runs good, its just an annoying light noise at mainly low revs, my wife reckons its time for a Velar but its such a good car.Any thoughts Guys.
Spider, any luck resolving this issue? As I had mentioned in a previous post, I had noticed a similar sound and the dealer/manuf decided to replace just about the entire engine and turbo...and guess what....the noise issue wasn't resolved.

The noise I'm experiencing is definitely more pronounced when cold (<40F). Please let me know if you've had any success with your issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update to my issue, dealer resolved the noise. They replace a "fuel tube" (P/N LR105299) and description on the invoice was "REPLACED FUEL FILTER to HP FUEL PUMP PIPES.."

Ticking noise gone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts